Star Trek: Picard

Based on the Promo, Starfleet ( for a military organization) seems to be pretty loose for who they put in charge of a Starship, namely Seven in Command of the Titan, someone who never even went to the Academy.
I agree that Seven of Nine is not qualified to command any vessel that operates with a chain of command (even in spacedock).
Seven possesses the knowledge of all the Starfleet captains the Borg has ever assemulated. That alone makes her more than qualified.

Seven possesses the knowledge of all the Starfleet captains the Borg has ever assemulated. That alone makes her more than qualified.
Yeah, I can tell you never been in the military.

That is like saying someone who is great at playing Call of Duty is ready for combat.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Based on the Promo, Starfleet ( for a military organization) seems to be pretty loose for who they put in charge of a Starship, namely Seven in Command of the Titan, someone who never even went to the Academy.

I might of stayed in the Army if it was that easy for advancement.

Another plot point they put in for convenience of the story it looks like.

It would of made more sense if Worf was a Captain, Picard and Riker went to him for help.
Some of you take things Way too literal ....
Its a SHOW, not even a REALITY show, thank God ....

Why don't people just sit back and try to enjoy a show for once instead of having to be current day correct ... how do we know current day IS correct ?

Who knows what its like in thier time frame ... when you guys get there, Then you can tell us whats right and whats wrong .

I know that, but to put her in command so quick, like I said, unless it is several years later, that is still a plot device for her to be on the show,

And why are Commanders all of a sudden in charge of a ship, Raffi was back as a Commander in Season 2 and had her own ship.
Raffi had her own ship ???
Then why didn't they take her ship when Picard first asked ?

Raffi had her own ship ???
Then why didn't they take her ship when Picard first asked ?
Second Season, she was in Command of the USS Excelsior.

Yeah, I can tell you never been in the military.

That is like saying someone who is great at playing Call of Duty is ready for combat.
Again ... Who Cares .

You have never been in THIER Military either.

For that matter, you've never worked as a Dr in a M.A.S.H. unit, why don't you tell us all about how accurate that was or wasn't ?
I'm gonna bet you played Winchester, no, wait, maybe you were Frank.

Btw, we all know it wasn't Current accurate ... btw, when you do that, do it in a different thread ...

Some people have jumped in here to purposely try to Ruin a good storyline for those Star Trek fans that might want to sit back and enjoy it.

Reactions: KAB
Second Season, she was in Command of the USS Excelsior.
If thats the case, when Picard first came to Raffi's place, why didn't they just take Her ship instead of having to track down Rios and his ship ?
Raffi recommended Rios to Pilot the ship, but she never said, Yes, Picard I have a ship. (and you can't have it).

Do we even know if Raffi's ship was in one piece ?
Just because you say she was in Command, doesn't mean you own the ship.

If thats the case, when Picard first came to Raffi's place, why didn't they just take Her ship instead of having to track down Rios and his ship ?
Raffi recommended Rios to Pilot the ship, but she never said, Yes, Picard I have a ship. (and you can't have it).
You are getting First and Second Season mixed up, she did not get Command until the 2nd Season, after she returned to Star Fleet.

Some of you take things Way too literal ....
While Star Trek is fictional, it is a special kind of fiction: Science Fiction.

As such, canon must be observed to the greatest possible extent. You can't change things where Science doesn't support it.

While Star Trek is fictional, it is a special kind of fiction: Science Fiction.

As such, canon must be observed to the greatest possible extent. You can't change things where Science doesn't support it.
Yes, but unfortunately not even the producers of this show (and the other ST content) don't seem to consider canon to be something that needs to be closely adhered to... :(

They do pretty well given the trampling of canon that some of the movies engaged in.
The Kelvin universe movies threw canon away when they started. Discovery, Picard and SNW aren't in some alternate universe, they're supposed to be based in the Prime universe, but the producers don't seem to be overly-concerned about canon (with the exception, so far, of SNW).

As a casual fan I would've literally never questioned Seven as a Starship captain if not for this thread. I think she's more than qualified. And she did work under a chain of command for some time with Janeway so it's not like she's unfamiliar with the protocols. Her experience counts probably more than her rote memorizing rules and regurgitating them on a test for cadets.

And she did work under a chain of command for some time with Janeway so it's not like she's unfamiliar with the protocols. Her experience counts probably more than her rote memorizing rules and regurgitating them on a test for cadets.
Academy isn't all about rules and protocols. It is a specialized post-secondary education such as one might get at a modern military academy. Think college-level classes in astronomy, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and humanities.

As a casual fan I would've literally never questioned Seven as a Starship captain if not for this thread. I think she's more than qualified. And she did work under a chain of command for some time with Janeway so it's not like she's unfamiliar with the protocols. Her experience counts probably more than her rote memorizing rules and regurgitating them on a test for cadets.
She was more than qualified to wear that form fitted Silver catsuit ,when she was on Voyager as 7 of 9. ;)

On another subject. I did not care for the season 2 opening credit music. I loved the season 1 music. I'm wondering what season 3's music will be. I'm hoping it's either based on season 1's or is based off the TNG theme or the movie variation used on GEN/FC/IN/NEM.