Status
Please reply by conversation.
dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Product Description
For the first time ever and for a limited time only, the enhanced versions of the Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi will be available individually on DVD. Plus, these 2-Disc DVD's will feature a bonus disc that includes, for the first time ever on DVD, the original films as seen in theaters in 1977, 1980 and 1983.
From Amazon...
More Here for Episode IV
Here for Episode V
and Here for Episode VI

webbydude

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
About damn time! :D

For the longest time it looked like only the laser-disc owners would have the true digital of the pre "Oh, I need to add THIS scene and THAT special effect" version.

Good find! Anxiously awaiting this release

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Why waste money? You'll want the HD-DVD/BD versions in another year.

jbcheshire

jbcheshire

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2005
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, i have botht the VHS and DVD copies of the original trilogy. Can you believe I even have episode 1 - phantom menace on VHS but not dvd??... lol

VIPERS-PIT

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
I have all on VHS - both versions and all 6 on DVD. Plus the jap import of ep1 on LD and the old 3 on ld.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
I heard that the "original" movie DVDs have not receiving any digital restoration and will look relatively poor in the PQ department. Also no DD5.1. This will be "all original" baby.

I'm happy with the SE copies, just wished they'd left the Han/Greedo thing as is. All the rest of the changes were welcomed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.