Starband dish pictures - need help replacing mount hardware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
skew the whole dish...more signal for the lnb to grab :)
Thanks Iceberg. Doing that makes it more cumbersome when working with this dish going from satellite to satellite because to change the skew on the dish I have to take it off the mast, loosen the four bolts on the back, jostle my homemade clips to loosen them up, rotate the dish, put everything back together.

I wonder why more dishes aren't made with mounts that allow you to skew the dish. Is it just a cost factor?

you don't have to skew the dish if you dont want but I guess the LNB's I've used on skewable dishes were bolted to the arm so I cudlnt skew the LNB :)

Skewable mounts are very advantageous, as Iceberg said, they allow for the maximum amount of dish surface to be used. Skew is very important in a non-motorized setup, it can mean the difference between absolutely no signal and very strong signal.

I was adjusting a fixed dish for G-10R at a friends house last night, and had one of the biggest 'DOH moments of my life. I was patiently searching the skies by adjusting azimuth and elevation in the area where G-10R should have been. Was up on the roof for an hour before realizing that the skew had not been adjusted since the dish was moved from a fixed position at 97w! After making the skew adjustment on the feedhorn, I found G-10R in less than a minute :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts