Starband dish pictures - need help replacing mount hardware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
skew the whole dish...more signal for the lnb to grab :)
Thanks Iceberg. Doing that makes it more cumbersome when working with this dish going from satellite to satellite because to change the skew on the dish I have to take it off the mast, loosen the four bolts on the back, jostle my homemade clips to loosen them up, rotate the dish, put everything back together.

I wonder why more dishes aren't made with mounts that allow you to skew the dish. Is it just a cost factor?

you don't have to skew the dish if you dont want but I guess the LNB's I've used on skewable dishes were bolted to the arm so I cudlnt skew the LNB :)

Skewable mounts are very advantageous, as Iceberg said, they allow for the maximum amount of dish surface to be used. Skew is very important in a non-motorized setup, it can mean the difference between absolutely no signal and very strong signal.

I was adjusting a fixed dish for G-10R at a friends house last night, and had one of the biggest 'DOH moments of my life. I was patiently searching the skies by adjusting azimuth and elevation in the area where G-10R should have been. Was up on the roof for an hour before realizing that the skew had not been adjusted since the dish was moved from a fixed position at 97w! After making the skew adjustment on the feedhorn, I found G-10R in less than a minute :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts