starbox help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanya

Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Hi there i only get 39 to 40 percent in strength and i have had a professional satellite guy come here and he could do no better help me please i have it hooked up to 13v and 18v it made no difference and i am also on a motor and that does not help either what am i doing wrong?

Tell us more about your system....

Satellite:
Dish:
LNB Type:
LO Frequency:
Motor:
Switches and types:
Satellite Software:

Settings in software:
Satellite:
LNB Type:
LO Frequency:
Power:
Switch:
Transponder Frequency: , Polarity: , Symbol Rate:

What do you mean, "Hooked up to 13 / 18 V"?

Are you receiving Signal Quality or just Signal Strength?

Did the installer confirm the dish was aimed? If so, what satellite wa it aimed at? Did he use a meter to tell you what satellite it was aimed at? Did he test both horizontal and vertical polarities to determine that the LNBF was functioning?

Do you have a FTA satellite receiver to verify that the dish, LNBF, motor, cables, fitting are working?

The Starbox does not have a very strong tuner, so the quality levels may be low. It would be advised that the dish and motor be installed with a standard receiver, then switched over to the much more complex computer based receiver.

my system is a fortec 39 inch dish
digiwave motor sg2100
dell 9400 4gb intel centrino duo and ati mobility x1400
and of course the starbox vp7021

set it at true south and the installer aimed it at satellites but could not get any higher than 40% he has been doing it for 20 yrs basically all i got is people throwing there hands up in the air saying that they could not help me. i tried the software that came with it and i get 32% to 40% in quality but the other programs act differently like the freeware dreamdvb and progdvb an i also tried different drivers the mytheatre drivers and i get zip in all the programs

Consider removing the motor and install first as a fixed dish before introducing too much complexity.

We still need information about the equipment and settings. Could you go through the previous post and fill in the blanks and answer the specific questions. We know what equipment you have, but nothing about the specifics of where and what the dish is aimed at, what type of LNBF, or what program that is currently loaded and the settings......

ok thank you i will try that and the lnb is quad polar i think it is invacom
and a coolsat switch

thank you got it to work but now i am having driver issues i am using the driver that came with the starbox. it skips and glitches.

What driver version? -
edit
: there's probably a newer version on Twinhans web site
Plus, this thread gets into a driver discussion which may help.
What program are you using? (and version?)
What satellite and channel are you having trouble with?
What is the info on that signal: strength and quality?

and where are the answers to all the questions SatAV asked above?
We're happy to try to help, but there's not much to work with. :rolleyes:

I'm not currently active with my Starbox, but I used to have it running quite solidly with MyTheatre.
Never even tried it with the Twinhan-supplied software.
Of course, that was then and this is now, and there's no telling what software is best today. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts