Starchoice activation problem

Rommel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
I live in AZ and activated my DSR505 today. I saw on the SC website that they offered paperless billing so I found the address of an apartment building in Toronto. I used that as my billing address. I gave them my real cell phone number and had no problem getting my unit activated.
The CSR said that even though I had paperless billing they were going to send my initial bill statement to the address in Toronto. I'm worried that the occupant of the apartment in Toronto will call SC or perhaps CanadaPost will return the statement to SC.
Anybody have any advice how to deal with this situation?

You might try sending a letter to the Canadian address with your Arizona address and a small cash incentive and they might forward it to you.

If you have your account number and use internet banking, why not just pay the bill online? I pay from my checking account each month this way and if you get the amount from SC self serve login you should be set. They probably will not care even if the bill is returned, since it will have been paid.

Take Care

I live in AZ and activated my DSR505 today. I saw on the SC website that they offered paperless billing so I found the address of an apartment building in Toronto. I used that as my billing address. I gave them my real cell phone number and had no problem getting my unit activated.
The CSR said that even though I had paperless billing they were going to send my initial bill statement to the address in Toronto. I'm worried that the occupant of the apartment in Toronto will call SC or perhaps CanadaPost will return the statement to SC.
Anybody have any advice how to deal with this situation?

I started out with my "canadian cousin's" address. Then he closed the account and I reopened it, same address, in my name. Don't think any paperwork ever came to the house. As soon as I got the account activated I immediatly set up paperless billing. Never a problem. If you have a C band account, offer to trade addresses with a canuck......

Thank you for the suggestions. Chances are nothing will go wrong. I can always say that they had the wrong apartment number on the statement.
I also discovered that the UPS store has locations across Canada and will sell you a mail box with a full canadian address.

I simply found an address and added a suite number on the end. Been working since, auto cred card pay and paperless billing, knock on wood, not a problem yet. And I call them all the time to change programming, I just tell them my canada address is a vacation home for 6 mos of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)