StarChoice and MyTheatre

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hopelessbob

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
Hi all, I am new here, and not very technical when it comes to satellite, I have a friend who is running an application called mytheatre with his bell dish, and he can record directly to his hard drive, and burn programs to DVD. He is not sure how it works, and had someone set it up for him. I was wondering if this is possible with starchoice, has anyone else tried this. What is the legality of this? I am not looking to break the signal, I just want to make an enterntainment computer to record directly to the hard drive with, so I can burn to DVD. I just wonder if it is possible as I would have to purchase a card to go into my computer, and I think it costs like 100$ US, I don't want to waste my money if this does not work, or is not possible. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Using MyTheatre to recieve Bell is HACKING! It is not allowed or tollerated here, as it is ILLEGEAL!

Since you have not admitted to this, then I will go ahead and answer your question anyways... No DVB card will work with Starchoice.. SC uses the "unhackable" Digicipher system (thank god), so the only way to record what is coming from Starchoice is with a Video Capture card and a subscribed reciver. I personally do this with my DSR500 and a Win-TV PVR150 card w/ the SageTV program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)