Starchoice - check individual tps?

vtphotowx

Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Hey all,

When I had Bell Expressvu, it was easy to peak the dish on weak transponders since you could readily "browse" through tps in the Sat Signal menu.

*C is a little different, at least on my DSR-505... the Sat Signal window doesn't list transponders. Heck, it doesn't even differentiate between satellites...the Satellite is listed as "A4" no matter what channel you are on. The signal varies depending on what channel you are watching when you launch the Sat Signal meter.

I'm getting occasional interruptions on RDS HD, apparently on Anik F2 Tp 27 (according to lyngsat). The signal varies between 58-65. Anytime it drops below 62, pixelation occurs.

Meanwhile, CBC HD on F2 Tp 10 has a strength of 80-85.

I'm guessing high winds combined with metal contraction from much colder temps than when I did the install may have been enough to pop this extremely touchy dish out of peak alignment.

Are there any "hidden menu" features where I can browse satellites and transponders? Again, my receiver is a DSR-505HD.

Thanks!

With *C it's not so much the signal strength that matters but the signal quality, the Ecb dB number that is reported on the System Status menu. The two signals are not directly related as far as I can tell. Best way to peak your dish is to find the channel with the lowest Ecb dB (usually on F2) by tuning to each channel and going to the menu. Then adjust the dish to maximize the Ecb dB for that channel. I've also used an FTA receiver properly setup for *C and a Birdog meter to successfully peak the dish.

i get anywhere from an 86 to 92 with *C channels here in pa had my dish tweaked a year or so ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)