StarChoice questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leek

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Hello,

I would like to get some information on possibly obtaining star choice subscription if I live in California USA. I would like to get the English Essentials package with FYI, More Movies and Real life. I think the DSR 205 reciever would be fine. Although I would like to know if I could add a DVR at a later date with that reciever or if I should just get a different reciever to begin with if I intend to add a DVR. I have a 30 inch dish and an Invacom SNH-031 now but have not set it up yet and have just ordered a coolsat 6000 with a SG2100 motor. I am not sure if I would have to also get another dish with LNB or if I can just add a different LNB to get star choice and FTA on one dish with 2 different LNB's.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dale

leek said:
I think the DSR 205 reciever would be fine.
if you are going to get a regular receiver, geta DSR315. The 205 is a little "slow" with the guide. The 315 is much better (I use the 315)

Although I would like to know if I could add a DVR at a later date with that reciever or if I should just get a different reciever to begin with if I intend to add a DVR.
sure you can add a receiver. The 530 last I heard still had some bugs. Hopefully someone with one can vouch for it.

I have a 30 inch dish and an Invacom SNH-031 now but have not set it up yet and have just ordered a coolsat 6000 with a SG2100 motor. I am not sure if I would have to also get another dish with LNB or if I can just add a different LNB to get star choice and FTA on one dish with 2 different LNB's.
Thanks,
Dale
I would get a different dish because the dish has to be aimed at the satellite to get the software upgrades and the guide to stay downloaded. If all you want is what you posted above, you can use a 30" dish and a regular KU LNB and aim it at AnikF1, which is the main satellite.

leek said:
Hello,

if I intend to add a DVR. IDale
I hated the DVR! I hated it so much that I returned it and I'm going to be paying for a basic *C packge until December! A few glitches does not describe that thing! Hopefully, they will ditch the DSR 530 and get another machine!

StarChoice in the States

Hi,
If you are a Canadian citizen you can have StarChoice in the states. If you are an American you can have StarChoice in Canada. If you have an address in Canada with StarChoice installed you can install a StarChoice dish and receiver in the States. You will definately require a StarChoice dish as it has to hit 2 satellites.

Good Luck.

leek said:
Hello,

I would like to get some information on possibly obtaining star choice subscription if I live in California USA. I would like to get the English Essentials package with FYI, More Movies and Real life. I think the DSR 205 reciever would be fine. Although I would like to know if I could add a DVR at a later date with that reciever or if I should just get a different reciever to begin with if I intend to add a DVR. I have a 30 inch dish and an Invacom SNH-031 now but have not set it up yet and have just ordered a coolsat 6000 with a SG2100 motor. I am not sure if I would have to also get another dish with LNB or if I can just add a different LNB to get star choice and FTA on one dish with 2 different LNB's.
Thanks,
Dale

You don't need to be a Canadian citizen to have Starchoice in the United States. Search the forum for information on signing up with a programming broker to be the go-between with the Canadian programming supplier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts