starchoice/shaw receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldfoggie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
canada
from what I have been reading, it looks like the receivers used to get the starchoice signals can not be reloaded to get the digicypher signals other than starchoice provider, would this be a correct deduction? or are there some starchoice receivers that can be reloaded and used to pick up the digi signals that are free

nope. Almost all of the Starchoice/Shaw Direct receivers are "fixed" on their maps.

Some of the really old units (921 as example) could get other maps but they are few and far between

One thing we have talked about in Map Master was to remap the new Shaw box that does Megapipe & HD. Now that would be a fantastic box to use for ITC U.S. events :) In theory with the right tools it can be done. Digicipher don't care where the signal comes from it will decode if fed the SR, FEC SID etc. Just like DVB if its FP or ZK it will open, just like the commercial boxes do.

Last edited:
tvropro said:
One thing we have talked about in Map Master was to remap the new Shaw box that does Megapipe & HD. Now that would be a fantastic box to use for ITC U.S. events :) In theory with the right tools it can be done. Digicipher don't care where the signal comes from it will decode if fed the SR, FEC SID etc. Just like DVB if its FP or ZK it will open, just like the commercial boxes do.

Are we talking about the DSR-505? Wonder if anyone has try to read a dsr550 (voom) with the jtag? I may have to tired that this weekend not sure if it will work with dsr405 script.

The 630 is the only receiver anyone should be testing out, even if srl had to buy from Shaw 1000-5000 units at a time that would be awesome, as last I heard Motorola said the receiver and licensing for it all belongs to Shaw. The 5xx would be a waste, the 630 can do s2.

Maybe Shaw would give us a better deal than stupid Motorola would. We need the DC-2 system to be licensed to others and do away with Motorola holding the axe.

I know that srl's biggest dealer has tried to work with Shaw however they never have gotten anywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts