StarChoice signal problem

bills41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have StarChoice and my signals vary from 60 to 76, but the signal cuts out. I repaced the LNBF a couple of months ago but still have the problem. Sometimes it doesn't do it for for a long time and then it starts again. The light goes from green to red and the signal cuts out. I thought it might be weather related, but it does it in any kind of weather. It worked good until I had new shingles put on my roof and the shingle guys had to move it and I have had the problem since then. I would think it was an alignment problem, but at times it is okay. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. By the way this is my first post here.

It sounds to me like you have something blocking the signal like a tree branch swinging or some leaves

also check the cable that may have been moved when you got new shingles, it could be exposed

Uplink said:
also check the cable that may have been moved when you got new shingles, it could be exposed

also check the outside F56 connector on the RG6 cable end. If they broke the seal, it could now be letting moisture into the cable. I've seen that cause the problem you are describing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)