Stargate Atlantis

After how they let SG1 end with more or less filler episodes so they could leave more for the movies, I have very little enthusiasm for this franchise anymore :(

Was interested in SGA, but it was never really able to hook me, we've got a season pass for this season now that Tapping is joining them, but I don't really see it lasting. I liked the finale, so will tune in to see what direction they're taking things now that they're spaceborne.

Liked this weeks episode, although I kept waiting to hear Jill Wagner say "You've got to put Mercury on your list" all during the episode. ;-) Her personal webpage indicates she'll be appearing in at least one more future episode as well.

l_123540171dd17015dae47e3534576cde.jpg

Still three episodes behind, but I liked the start.

And was pleased to see the report that SGA has been renewed for season five. :)

Liked this weeks episode, although I kept waiting to hear Jill Wagner say "You've got to put Mercury on your list" all during the episode. ;-) Her personal webpage indicates she'll be appearing in at least one more future episode as well.

l_123540171dd17015dae47e3534576cde.jpg

I'd put her on my list ;) (Hey -- she is on the air in a commercial right now on A&E. Maybe I need to watch more commercials :D )

Great episode. This season has been very solid.

Although I think Sam Carter still needs to integrate herself more into the crew. I guess part of my problem is that I am watching the early seasons of SG1 right now, and I am so used to her being part of the team; not the equivalent of General Hammond.

And watching season 1 of Sg1 (2 more episodes to go) its strange seeing her 10 years older. Amanda Tapping is still beautiful, but there is a disconnect for me seeing the younger actress and then going to SGA.

"Missing" episode

I've watched Friday night's episode twice now and enjoyed it quite a bit. Sam is absent from yet another episode, but I figure she'll be in more as the season progresses.

And for those who haven't seen it yet...
If the tests the doc did on Tayla come up with her having some terminal illness or she's pregnant (which is my bet), I'll be disappointed.

SGA needs some new writers.. the show has always been a little hurtin' on ideas and story.. it gets old watching them befriend the one they thought was their enemy and the one they thought was a friend was the enemy.. gets boring watching them magically win where the ancents couldn't..

I got my wife into SG1, but she refuses to watch SGA anymore and I don't blame her I fast foward though most of the show now. My brother was an avid watcher of SG1 and he won't give SGA the time of the day.

Maybe the WGA strike may do some good, they should lay off all the writers they have get some new ones and pray they have some ideas for better story lines that what's been given so far.

The end of the third season and so far in the fourth season, I think the writing has been pretty decent, actually. They've introduced a new doc who's funny and easy to look at...Tapping has yet to really establish herself as anything but an occasional cameo actress, but we all know the character, so when they really put a story around her, we'll know who she is (though I still miss the Weir character).

The "we won when the ancients couldn't" thing sort of bugged me as well, but then, as I pondered it more, I came to the conclusion that it's plausible that a decendant race could come along, use technology invented by their forebearers and yet since they have a different perspective/set of experiences, come up with ways to use said technology to defeat enemies that the ancients couldn't - a case of not being able to see the forest from the trees for the ancients.

The series has had more lame episodes than SG1, to be sure, but it's still better than no SG at all. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts