Stargate Atlantis

He is less than a year old... yesterday I heard him barking... a pup about 6 weeks old wandered up. I called around and no one has lost a pup so it looks like I have a new dog. ;) Bear pester's it, but maybe that will stop soon...Too cool and windy to hook up the dish, (the receivers are hooked to my old Phase III, but that eliminates all of the new Mpeg4 HD from direct)

He is less than a year old... yesterday I heard him barking... a pup about 6 weeks old wandered up. I called around and no one has lost a pup so it looks like I have a new dog. ;) Bear pester's it, but maybe that will stop soon...Too cool and windy to hook up the dish, (the receivers are hooked to my old Phase III, but that eliminates all of the new Mpeg4 HD from direct)

6 weeks! and he is wandering around alone! That's sad. But maybe he will occupy the older one.... and maybe not.

Still back a week, but just watched Trio.

What is it with the new doctor. Was she actually hitting on McKay in the end, about the drink? I can see her with Ronin, but Rodney? :rolleyes:

I wish they would give Amanda Tapping a larger role; I know her contract was not for a full season, but she is being under-used. And while I am still getting used to the more mature Sam Carter (remember, I am still on season 4 of SG1), her character just seems different from the Sam Carter I am used to.

And I know she is 10 years older, and has had two kids, but I am still getting used to her appearance. She is still an incredibly beautiful woman, just not 30 years old anymore.

AND BTW, watching the 4th season, there is some serious sexual tension going on between Jack and her. Does that ever go anywhere? (I don't care if it is a spoiler). I loved the episode when Jack kept living the same day over and over again, and he pulled a Bill Murray move from "Groundhog Day."

Its funny how my perspectives on the two shows differ. They both have humor - a lot of it -- but in SG1, its usually just Jack's sarcasm and Teal'c's wit; in Atlantis its constant play on contemporary sci-fi, or contemporayr stuff in general. Like Ronin talking about "Blades of Glory."

They are both excellent shows, but its also a stark contrast in terms of the advanced technologies they have in Atlantis compared with the early years of SG1.

I liked the way they gradually advanced the tech in SG1. Guns to staff weapons, to zats, to t'inars to naquadria, to the x301, x302 and x303, to full-fledged intergalatic starships with Asgard weapons and shields. And they took their time! I enjoyed that.

Atlantis, they mainly use guns, though they sometimes use Wraith stunners, but the tech is definitely more advanced than the way SG1 started out...

Zats would be useful, as they seem smaller than the wraith stunners. Staff weapons however always seemed cumbersome and far too slow in their rate of fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)