Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Was in Sam's Club on Saturday, and they had all 10 seasons of SG1 on DVD selling for $18.99. I already had seasons 1-9, but this was a great price for season 10, which at least until lately was selling for almost double that price.

Good opportunity for anyone who wants to build - or - complete - a collection. Not Blu-Ray, but great dvd's nonetheless.

SO,just finished Moebius I and II; and read that when they filmed it (and Threads) they were acting under the assumption that it would wrap the series. In many ways, that would have made for a great, satisfying finale to SG1.

It left with the implications pretty strong about Sam and Jack; and Threads was a great all-around episode.

Been watching Season 9; about 1/3 of the way through. Watching "prototype" - the first episode with Woolsey. God he is irritating.

And a few thoughts --- 1) How quickly the Free Jaffa fell under the control of Garrak was silly. 2) Like others, I find the Ori arc to be equally annoying. They may have been trying to restart the series, but I don't like it much. 3) Landry is ok, but nobody beat Hammond of Texas; he was by far the best commander. :)

I didn't like the Ori arc, initially, but it grew on me pretty quickly, as did Vala...she's a fun character and added an interesting quirkiness to SG-1 that was fun. Adria added a new (and rather attractive) adversary to the mix and "Beachhead" was one of my favorite episodes in that arc...

I didn't like the Ori arc, initially, but it grew on me pretty quickly, as did Vala...she's a fun character and added an interesting quirkiness to SG-1 that was fun. Adria added a new (and rather attractive) adversary to the mix and "Beachhead" was one of my favorite episodes in that arc...

Yeah, kind of like Trek, even when its bad, its still good. :)

i watched Beachhead the other day; it was very good. I am glad they did not completely eliminate the go'auld stuff though.

I too liked the "Vala" character, and who couldn't appreciate Adria?

I really liked the episode depicted in your avatar.

Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek: Prodigy