Stargate SG-1 Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it were shot on 35mm film and that film were archived, it could happen, but it’s unlikely if it hasn’t happened by now.

Agreed, it had great potential but it was shot pretty droll and dark themes/music.
Agree on the potential, though I didn't find it amusing (droll). Indeed, it did have dark themes.

I don't remember the music at all. I did skip episodes that did not further the main story arc.

Reactions: bookworm370
Agree on the potential, though I didn't find it amusing (droll). Indeed, it did have dark themes.

I don't remember the music at all. I did skip episodes that did not further the main story arc.
Sorry, what I meant was the background dark show theme music that was playing during the intro's, etc. Daa, Daa, dumm,,,,,, Daa,dumm. along with the whoshing sounds. Just watch one and you can see that it's not the trumpet playing of SG1 or the orchestra of SGA.

Reactions: TheKrell
While lamenting the too early loss of Stargate Atlantis, I watched Stargate Universe, they cut it short early also kind of leaving it hanging...
There is a short story book (in comic form I think) from one of the original writers that goes into what would have happened on the first few episodes of season 3. Eli starts exploring the Discovery and finds previously inaccessible areas with tech and stuff. I haven't read it yet, but did read a synopsis.

There is a short story book (in comic form I think) from one of the original writers that goes into what would have happened on the first few episodes of season 3. Eli starts exploring the Discovery and finds previously inaccessible areas with tech and stuff. I haven't read it yet, but did read a synopsis.
I'd rather wait for the movie to come out rather than read some comic book. But that'll never happen unless they hire different actors.

Do you remember the name of this book?
I'd rather wait for the movie to come out rather than read some comic book. But that'll never happen unless they hire different actors.
I must be missing something. Did some of the actors pass away?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If they do it, I hope they do it right and not ruin it...basically what Joe said...
The remakes are never as good as the original. Changing characters kind messes things up also. I lost interest in SG-1 when they got rid of the O'Neill character.

The remakes are never as good as the original. Changing characters kind messes things up also. I lost interest in SG-1 when they got rid of the O'Neill character.
Well, if they brought back the original cast, it'd be kinda like Picard season 3, so I expect a different cast...pretty much a given. It's who they cast in the main roles and what the setting/plots are like that will determine whether it's worth watching or not.