Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Yup, they nailed his character traits from the very beginning!

Interesting, just watched "Summit" from Sci Fi; same season (5), and the intro credits are NOT the same on the DVDs. On the DVDs they just show the egyptian images, with the cast names; no video clips of the characters. On the episode from Sci Fi they had video clips of each main cast member.

Strange.

Yep, and he's been able to maintain those character traits (and mellow a little too) over 4 seasons on SGA. Wonder what the actor thinks of the character he plays? :)

I never noticed that on the DVD before. Wonder if that was an oops or just cheaper to do?

Interesting.

Yep, and he's been able to maintain those character traits (and mellow a little too) over 4 seasons on SGA. Wonder what the actor thinks of the character he plays? :)

I never noticed that on the DVD before. Wonder if that was an oops or just cheaper to do?

Interesting.

No idea, but they did it throughout all of the season 5 DVDs. Still have a few more episodes before I start season 6, so I don't know if they continue it. Not sure why it would be cheaper, but it never made a lot of sense to me; even less now that I know they didn't do it in the episodes airing on Sci Fi. I think Season 5 was still Showtime.

No idea, but they did it throughout all of the season 5 DVDs. Still have a few more episodes before I start season 6, so I don't know if they continue it. Not sure why it would be cheaper, but it never made a lot of sense to me; even less now that I know they didn't do it in the episodes airing on Sci Fi. I think Season 5 was still Showtime.

It doesn't make sense, the more I think about it. I think you're right though about season 5 being on Showtime still. I think it went to SciFi at season 6...

Ok... my season 5 discussion continues. Damn, I did not see Daniel's ascension (if that is what it was) coming. I knew he was leaving the show, but had NO IDEA how he would leave.

I sure hope -- in season 7 - they explain how he comes back. I know he shows up naked on a planet and without his memories - but alas, I have another season to watch before finding the answers to that :)

My lips are zipped. Looks like you are enjoying watching all the seasons in a row like we did last summer. Then we went to Atlantis and Battlestar during the strike. Now its painful to wait a week for the next episode.

My lips are zipped. Looks like you are enjoying watching all the seasons in a row like we did last summer. Then we went to Atlantis and Battlestar during the strike. Now its painful to wait a week for the next episode.

Oh, I was mostly musing about it -- don't really want to know. :)

Been watching SGA since it started -- and will re-watch the first season, now that I have a better sense of the context of SG1.

Dang, now I'm gonna have to watch those again, can't remember what "doing a Jack O'Neill" could possibly mean. :)

doing a Jack O'Neill

Not certain what he means by that either... except my opinion of the matter is that these actors all get tired of playing their part, are certain a big "movie" career is out there waiting for them, leave, find the offers slim, and eventually beg to come back. ;)

The "path" taken in the past few posts (sorry, I couldn't help myself ;) ) got me to start searching for news pieces on Shanks and why he left. Found some interesting interviews.

I suspect some of it was a belief he could do bigger things -- yet, in the year he was gone, he did 3 episodes of SG1, and he was not even in North America for a good part of the year (apparently he was in South Africa when he was invited back fulltime).

It definitely sounds like there were creative differences, and at least the "front" that he wasn't happy with the way the Daniel character was going in seasons 4 and 5.

I take those interviews with a grain of salt, but it is interesting to look back at something that happened a long time ago, but for me... is still new :)