Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Well, this is weird. I just went in to the Search on the Prime Video App on my AppleTV 4K and entered “Stargate Origins Catherine” and now it shows two episodes. The second one shows what I posted before, but the first one shows it’s available with Prime Video and has an NR as opposed to a TV13+ Rating. That one I can watch.

But then, searching for “Stargate Prime” gets me Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica series after most of the Stargate seasons. It also surfaced “Stargate Infinity”, an animated series with no apparent way to watch (it says “get an add-on subscription from the Amazon website” but doesn’t identify the service).

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
I get the "this video is currently unavailable" via my Roku.

OK, now you've got me curious. I have a Roku TV behind me. Let's see...

Entering the Prime Video app now. What pain to search for "Stargate Origins Catherine"! OK, it shows two icons, one of which is not available. But the other one is just like Foxbat reported. Do you see two? Did you check both?

OK, now you've got me curious. I have a Roku TV behind me. Let's see...

Entering the Prime Video app now. What pain to search for "Stargate Origins Catherine"! OK, it shows two icons, one of which is not available. But the other one is just like Foxbat reported. Do you see two? Did you check both?
Ok I did the same thing you did. I tried the computer it said not available. Tried my Roku and as you said there are three different shows. The first one was available and the other 2 weren't.:coco

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell and Foxbat
Good! By my count we have 3 winners (including myself) and 1 loser who hasn't found that second, working tile. You know who you are! You have 2 days left.

By the way, I'm a loser when it comes to searching using my Roku remote. The screen didn't offer me any reasonable suggestions until I typed "STARGATE O" and then it offered me Stargate Origins, and Stargate Origins Catherine. But I couldn't figure out how to get to those options so I could select one! How does one do that?

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
So, after watching this, we have a split between the movie and the SG-1 series, or is this the Russian gate? They dug up the Egyptian gate in the movie, which I assumed was relocated to NORAD for the series, but here we unearthed the Egyptian gate and I assume it’s headed to the U.S. (and would be the gate on the ship from Continium).

But then I suppose the movie is not the canonical source for the series.

Why was Earth so special to have two (or three, counting Russia) gates where most planets had only one. The Ancients must have really liked Earth.

I believe Origins, since it deals with Catherine, is about the gate from Egypt.

I seem to remember there was another gate in Antarctica?....

It's been years since I've watched and I can't remember every single detail,

I do remember the name of Sam Carter's cat: Schroedinger....

So, after watching this, we have a split between the movie and the SG-1 series, or is this the Russian gate? They dug up the Egyptian gate in the movie, which I assumed was relocated to NORAD for the series, but here we unearthed the Egyptian gate and I assume it’s headed to the U.S. (and would be the gate on the ship from Continium).
I believe Origins, since it deals with Catherine, is about the gate from Egypt.
Agree. From Wikipedia:
Catherine Langford, played by Kelly Vint (girl in the film), Viveca Lindfors (elderly lady in the film), Elizabeth Hoffman (elderly lady in season 1), Nancy McClure (young woman in season 1) and Glynis Davies (middle-aged woman in season 2), Ellie Gall (Stargate Origins) – Daughter of archeologist Prof. Paul Langford who discovered the Stargate, as a girl she acquired an amulet depicting the Eye of Ra during the excavation of the Stargate in Giza in 1928.[69] In present-day of Stargate, she gives the amulet to Daniel before his first mission through the Stargate to Abydos. Her fiancé, a scientist named Ernest Littlefield (played by Keene Curtis and Paul McGillion), is the first human to have travelled through the Stargate since the ancient Egyptians buried it. Catherine and Ernest were separated by a gate incident in 1945 and were re-united in the mid-season 1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus", but Ernest is never seen again in the series (although he is mentioned in season 1s "There But For the Grace of God" and season 2's "The Fifth Race"). Catherine Langford appears again in alternate universes and times in "There But For the Grace of God" and "1969". Her death is announced in season 8's "Moebius, Part 1"; she leaves her personal collection of documents and artifacts, including the golden medallion of Ra, to Daniel Jackson.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I guess I need to re-watch those Catherine episodes, to jog my memory,

I remember an episode with Catherine, when she was a little girl, or she was already like an ascended?

I think it was the 1969 episode, I will have to watch it again

I lost interest in SG-1 when they essentially took Anderson out of the series. I didn't like Browder either. SG-1 is watchable if you ignore all the "politically correct" stuff. Some of the script was odd at times also.