Stargate Universe

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
tvbythenumbers take ...
The drop off in SGU ratings is perhaps not quite as alarming as White Collar dropping from 5.075 million down to below four million, but there have been consecutive weekly drops for Stargate Universe and Friday it was down to 1.626 million viewers (live+SD). A week earlier it averaged 1.974 million so that’s still almost an 18% drop week over week…
Source & More: tvbythenumbers.com

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I am about to delete this show and the comments about the crowd they are trying to pull in just gives me one more reason to do it.

Sileny Jizda

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2007
Hell's Outhouse, Ohio
Looking over the forum over at syfly they are doing a better job sterilizing the topics that speak out against the show than they are sterilizing the show itself. The fact is they laid a dud with this one and they are trying to fight uphill to keep it going. Maybe next time they won't let the syfly exec's tell them how to write a show.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
What you think they paid somebody to say something good about the show? :D :D

Hey. We said something good... Just go back several pages to the pictures and videos of the hot sergeant. ;)

Sileny Jizda

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2007
Hell's Outhouse, Ohio
lol, they show enough nekkid on that show as often as they are doing after a month or two it's going to get old. Anyone that has been married long enough can attest to that one. ;) Need to leave something for the imagination ya know.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well they are not going to let themselves be bashed on their own boards.

I expect they have gotten the message, but of course it is probably too late. These episodes are done, and maybe the next batch made can make some improvements.

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
I expect they have gotten the message, but of course it is probably too late. These episodes are done, and maybe the next batch made can make some improvements.

I'm going to make my timer/viewer decision at the mid-season break, and right now it's very bleak for SGU (imho). So, if they make changes, I likely won't be seeing them unless they do something amazing between now and the mid-season break.

Keep the freakin' suits out of the creative process!

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
This isn't going to last much longer for me either if they don't stop with the crazy scripts and BSG look and feel to it.

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
Here's the thing, and there's no easy way around this...if they wanted something "like" BSG, why didn't they just run BSG to a 5th season instead of wrapping it up in 4 seasons? Trying to turn Stargate into a mix of BSG/Stargate/Voyager wasn't a good idea when we first heard about the series being in-development, and it still hasn't turned into a good idea after what, 4 or 5 episodes into it.

I know the general plot and understand it quite well. I can see and understand most of the character's motivations and backgrounds (Rush's motives are still a bit fuzzy). The storylines have been predictable and generally uninteresting. I'm simply hanging in there and giving it/them a chance to DO SOMETHING. If this show doesn't get a move on by the mid-season break, I'm going to stop bothering to give it my time.

There are simply too many other things to do or watch besides a show that's dull, plodding, predictable and pendantic...

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Here's the thing, and there's no easy way around this...if they wanted something "like" BSG, why didn't they just run BSG to a 5th season instead of wrapping it up in 4 seasons? Trying to turn Stargate into a mix of BSG/Stargate/Voyager wasn't a good idea when we first heard about the series being in-development, and it still hasn't turned into a good idea after what, 4 or 5 episodes into it.

I know the general plot and understand it quite well. I can see and understand most of the character's motivations and backgrounds (Rush's motives are still a bit fuzzy). The storylines have been predictable and generally uninteresting. I'm simply hanging in there and giving it/them a chance to DO SOMETHING. If this show doesn't get a move on by the mid-season break, I'm going to stop bothering to give it my time.

There are simply too many other things to do or watch besides a show that's dull, plodding, predictable and pendantic...

Bingo. And we have a winner. Well thought out.

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
the problem for me i think is there is no real baddie. They dont seem to be exploring the ship, which i would be doing big time. Sort of seems the human interest stuff is the key, and that's not why i watch Sci-fi.

im already fast forwarding through it !

I'm very close to dropping this one entirely, too

spaceghost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 21, 2008
I think this last episode officially put SGU on life support. This show has no identity and zero creativity; its completely all over the map. I have no clue what to expect with each episode. Is it going to be a dramatic soap opera? Or will tonights episode be about depleting supplies and resources. Perhaps we'll surprise the audience with an old SG1 time travel theory. Maybe next week we'll save the Enterprise from the Klingons. I really thought i could stick this one out, but its looking bleak.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I am glad I quit watching. I can see that I was right all along about this bomb of a show. When you start skipping a show to get to the end, it is time to delete the timer and move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts