Stargate Universe

I do like Eli and the Senators Daughter, but that's it ;) feel sorry for Young... I don't think even Gaius Baltar would like Rush ;)
Which one is Eli again? :D Math Boy, right?

it is a sad commentary that I don't even know all the main characters' names yet.

Which one is Eli again? :D Math Boy, right?

it is a sad commentary that I don't even know all the main characters' names yet.

Quite true. And why is that? Because they haven't given us a reason to care about the characters.

Personally, I know the names of 4 of the main cast...4. How bad is that? 2 episodes of SG1 and SGA, I knew the names of all the main cast members.

This show isn't stargate, its an inferior,cheaper knock off using the stargate brand name. They basically use the gate the same way star trek uses the transporter. There is little else connecting the show to its predecessors other than simply having a gate on the set.

This show isn't stargate, its an inferior,cheaper knock off using the stargate brand name. They basically use the gate the same way star trek uses the transporter. There is little else connecting the show to its predecessors other than simply having a gate on the set.

Heh, hadn't thought of that angle, but the analogy holds up! They get within range of a planet, the ship drops out of hyperspace and the gate dials it up and they go check it out. The ship only gives them a short time (no one has said or asked why) to check it out - that (and the lack of an really interesting cast) are the main differences (oh, and the com-stones too, which should be banished).

And they have an inferior, cheaper gate at that! They can only dial nearby planets? What is this? Early ring technology? At least the gates in SGA and SG1 could dial anywhere in the galaxy. This whole premise that it stops at planets for a short time for them to explore is more like the ring technology. Of course I guess they may have improved the gate technology over the million years to go galaxy wide.

And they have an inferior, cheaper gate at that! They can only dial nearby planets? What is this? Early ring technology? At least the gates in SGA and SG1 could dial anywhere in the galaxy. This whole premise that it stops at planets for a short time for them to explore is more like the ring technology. Of course I guess they may have improved the gate technology over the million years to go galaxy wide.

Yea, it is more like the ring technology. They can easily ring themselves down to a planet.

The problem that throws that off is that they were able to dial the 9th chevron to get to this ship in the 1st episode.

They claimed in the previews that the show was going to have more character development and less Sci-Fi than the previous shows. I think they are giving more focus to the characters, but they aren't really developing them. They are flat. It is more like a badly written soap opera than a stargate. I understood more about the characters of Shepherd, Ronon with his one liners, Teal'c, O'Neill with his insubordination, even Vala was a developed character. I don't even know the names of most of the SG*U people. They aren't that memorable.

The show isn't any fun like the first Stargates were.

Maybe we should all boycott the show to let Cooper and Wright know they messed up with this one!

I didn't even think of rings but you are right! :)

I was watching an Atlantis rerun the other day and it reminded me how much is missing from this show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts