Start my new job tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, it sounds like hating to me. You're blaming the union and pretty much calling for their demise when they run a well oiled machine with competitive prices and excellent service. Why is it bad for workers to share in the wealth? Do you feel better if all the money goes to the guys who sit in the offices with the suits? Do you feel better if they make $20 billion instead of $10 billion?

So what work stoppages are you talking about? The only one happened in 1997 which I remember vividly when I was waiting for a package and had to get it by Fedex.

hdtvtechno...Ignore the haters. Get in there and work your way up to driver and make your 70k a year and be proud.

Maybe you should send via fedex. They aren't union and cost more.

Not always in my areas. HATERS? You mean my opinion based on my and other company's experiences and well as other actual users? Hmm, guess we don't count? Both have flip flopped back and forth as the highest rated service so they are very likely equal in most aspects. All I was saying is BE CAREFUL! Geez.

When someone brings up a corporation and immediately uses the word union, I know they have alterior motives. "No wonder UPS costs so much, damn teamsters". "My new truck broke down, damn UAW". "The city didn't pick up my garbage today, lazy union worker". I can spot those people a mile away.

When someone brings up a corporation and immediately uses the word union, I know they have alterior motives. "No wonder UPS costs so much, damn teamsters". "My new truck broke down, damn UAW". "The city didn't pick up my garbage today, lazy union worker". I can spot those people a mile away.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=056_1230760051]LiveLeak.com - An other UPS package speed delivery[/ame]

Oh yeah, that's worth $70k a year.

Did they let you go? In NY ups let everone go with 5 years or less. :eek:
From what I was told.

My new job consists of working inside this now..
they have a requirement that you gotta unload that whole thing in 40mins time tops

Attachments

• 800px-2008-08-02_UPS_long_trailer_1.jpg
    800px-2008-08-02_UPS_long_trailer_1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 92
My new job consists of working inside this now..
they have a requirement that you gotta unload that whole thing in 40mins time tops

That should be easy, just be creative.

You could for instance open the rear doors, and use a real long jack in the front, to tilt up the whole thing, until all the stuff slides out!

See, easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.