Starting to hate the Hopper. Grrrrr

crackinhedz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Virginia
Original Problems with my Hopper experience can be read here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/304121-Need-DIRT-help

Just had the Dish Installer come to my house on Monday and replace the receiver...everything seemed to be working ok...but now I notice an issue with my DVR recordings?!?! The Hopper is telling me my shows are recording, but then when I go into the folder there is NOTHING?!!!

Here are some pics I took to illustrate this issue:

This pic shows my folders and the number should indicate how many shows are in my folder, correct?

tv3_zps920ba6c0.jpg

But going into the folder (should be 6 shows), it only shows 1 episode. Its like this for every folder! EMPTY.

tv2_zps6ebe8ad2.jpg

Here is a pic of the daily schedule indicating that the recordings were completed...but again, they are not showing up in the folders! anywhere!

tv1_zpsf02d27fc.jpg

Not sure if this is related, but when I press the red button it goes to the watching list, and indicates "recordings are about to begin" (which nothing is about to record at this time, it just seems to be stuck like this for the last 30 minutes...and I cannot change channels other than watching whats on the list, and I cannot even use the "Available" slot. Prime time is not enabled.)

tv4_zps4eb36fe3.jpg

Very strange issues going on, I just now did the hard reset by unplugging...and now I can use the different tuners to watch channels...but my folders are still missing things recorded!

I just don't get it. And I am getting very frustrated with the Hopper! I know not everyone is having any issues, but g-d dam when it rains it pours. :mad:

For extra info:

Software: S234 NACB 2/04/13
Boot strap: 1212 NACB

...Looks like a very recent software update, could this have some impact? Could this be hard drive corrupted??

Last edited:
It may be that you have some restrictions on what is searched for.
Criteria set in another menu, but which one? That's bad interface.

-Ken

It looks like the Hopper is hung up on something software wise. I would try resetting it with the red reset button on the front panel.

Did you restore settings/timers from your old Hopper?

It looks like the Hopper is hung up on something software wise. I would try resetting it with the red reset button on the front panel.

Did you restore settings/timers from your old Hopper?
No, I did not restore settings/timers? (how do you do this?)

The guy just installed a new box and made sure the Joey's saw it, and live TV was working fine and even recording shows started out fine. Then little by little during the week I noticed it showed the red recording light, red circle on the guide, red circle on the channel being recorded etc...yet nothing showing up in my folders. Even if you tried to go to my recordings while something said was recording, nothing showed up.

I have some help and they are looking into it I suppose. Hopefully its just a fluke? But missed a few episodes my wife and her mother were hoping to watch.

When you delete shows, the number stays there until they are out of the deleted folder(I think it is 2 or 3 days) but that shouldn't be effecting yours since you probabley didn't delete them.

When you delete shows, the number stays there until they are out of the deleted folder(I think it is 2 or 3 days) but that shouldn't be effecting yours since you probabley didn't delete them.
no, did not delete anything...even in the deleted folder the shows we thought recorded are not there either...Hopper says things record, but cannot find them anywhere! I assumed the number next to the folder indicated only shows recorded, not including the deleted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts