Starz HD blacked out (CH. 350) - Is only in hawaii?

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
This is what I hate about dish customer service representative, they never listen to you. Why is starz hd blackout?

chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Hi, my name is Katherine (ID: EH9). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
me: Why is starz hd programming blackout
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): I'm sorry to hear that you're having a technical issue. I will be happy to resolve that for you. Please give me a moment to bring up your account.
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Can you please describe exactly what is on the television screen now? If there is an on screen message, please include the 3 digit number found in the top right corner.
chat_enduser_message.png
me: on channel 350, when i go to starz hd its not programming is not available in my area
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Thank you. Please hold.
chat_enduser_message.png
me: It has the blackout symbol, when i select info
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Okay. Is there a 3 digit number on the upper right corner of the message that the programming is not available?
chat_enduser_message.png
me: 744
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): How long have you been experiencing this problem?
chat_enduser_message.png
me: I really dont know
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Okay.
chat_enduser_message.png
me: is it because I live in hawaii?
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): Are you watching a game on that channel?
chat_enduser_message.png
me: I know certain hd channels are available
chat_enduser_message.png
me: do you really work for dish or what
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): This occurs when broadcasters, sporting leagues, and in some cases, local and state governments determine when and where blackouts are going to be used. Blackouts are never determined by DISH Network.
chat_enduser_message.png
me: i said channel 350
chat_enduser_message.png
me: thats a movie channel
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): But if you are getting a 744 error message, that means that the channel was blacked out by the broadcasters or the channel owners.
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): What I am going to do is fill out a Technical Problem report for your issue. Unfortunately, setting up a replacement or a technician visit to your home will not correct the issue. The report I am going to fill out will be forwarded directly to our engineering department so they can research the issue and correct it going forward, which most likely will take place through software update to your receiver. These updates happen automatically so there is nothing more you need to do other than keep your receiver plugged in as normal. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
chat_enduser_message.png
me: no problem, thank you
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): You're welcome. Thank you for your patience.
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): We also offer various DISH Perks an exclusive program that provides DISH customers a lot of extras at no additional cost. You can visit
chat_hyperlink.png
http://www.mydish.com/perks to see a lineup of the latest freebies. Many perks are available for your benefit.
chat_agent.png
Katherine (ID: EH9): What else can I help you with today?

Offer me perks and all that, wow. Before you do that listen to your customers, I already have the american everything pak.

Found the channel, its on 5561. Not all of HD channels are on the same number as on the mainland. Guess the representative wasn't trained well, or they should have gone to program guide for Hawaii.

Found the channel, its on 5561. Not all of HD channels are on the same number as on the mainland. Guess the representative wasn't trained well, or they should have gone to program guide for Hawaii.

Glad you found it. Sometimes you have to play chat roulette with the CSRs, phone or chat.

If a DIRT member is online then they are the best at helping. You can find them listed in red at the bottom of the main forum page or look for them in the online users of one of the forums apps, they will be listed as USERNAME@DISH.

Glad you found it. Sometimes you have to play chat roulette with the CSRs, phone or chat.

If a DIRT member is online then they are the best at helping. You can find them listed in red at the bottom of the main forum page or look for them in the online users of one of the forums apps, they will be listed as USERNAME@DISH.

I agree, i make a upgrade receiver for a HD DVR. the easy way was by phone, while by chat was not easy, tell me that is only with a America top package, I have Welcome Pack.

I agree, i make a upgrade receiver for a HD DVR. the easy way was by phone, while by chat was not easy, tell me that is only with a America top package, I have Welcome Pack.

At one point if you couldn't for some reason get a hold of DIRT chat was the next best thing but apparently it has gone downhill within the last year. I had this same problem happen to my locals when I was having problems with the duo node/cold weather issue. When I would try to view my locals it would tell me that I was no authorized to view them, or not in my DMA (paraphrasing) anyways once I figured out the problem was with my signal, I just figured the system for some reason was giving me the wrong error message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)