Starz HD HGTV HD NATGEO HD Uplinked!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
long_time_DNC said:
Davegtestr:

See my post just above yours. 129 for us folks here in the NW is iffy, unless you have a dedicated Dish 500 pointed at it...then it seems to work fine from what I've been reading from others in WA and OR.
Just had my install yesterday here in North Idaho. He used a Dish 1000 dish and 110 & 119 came in fine. However, the 129 angle had a darn tree in the way. This is after narrowing down possible dish areas to only a few feet on my foot due to very tall pine trees.
He ended up (after my suggestion!) adding a separate Dish 500 dish farther down the roof line to fully capture 129 & tied it into the other Dish.

long_time_DNC said:
Davegtestr:

See my post just above yours. 129 for us folks here in the NW is iffy, unless you have a dedicated Dish 500 pointed at it...then it seems to work fine from what I've been reading from others in WA and OR.

A seperate dedicated 500 works much better for me than the 1000 did for me. Still see signal drops but seldom see picture breakup.
The new dish 1000.2 might be a better option when it becomes available.

Sorry if this is has already been answered, will National Geographic HD be available in the bronze/silver packages or will it be necessary to go gold/platinum?

--- edit ---
Watching 129 seems to be getting worse. Universal especially getting picture breakup. Yes the seperate 500 is an improvement but still inadequate. Hope the 1000.2 fixes this problem.

Last edited:
I think any HD added will come to those who are HD Subscribers on the new plans. Only thing I see folks paying for is the main movie channels like StarzHD,HBOHD,ShowtimeHD.. The rest should come free with the Bronze,Silver,Gold these are all the same when it comes to HD. The only thing diffrent is what you get in SD and I think Charles address this when they talk about the MPEG4 receivers that any new HD channels would be included in the new packages. Due too most folks will probally half to be on the new receivers to pick up any of the new stuff any way.

Last edited:
The question about Nat Geo HD for Bronze and Silver is a good one. Does the $20 HD fee pay for it, or does the extra cost of AT180 pick it up.

I hope Dish adds it for all HD subs, but would not bet my house on it.

The minute E* starts adding HD channels and doesn't include them in the HD-only pack (and "requires" a metal package), I'm cancelling.

Well I think Charles did mention in the Chat that when the new HD Plans came out that any new HD Channels would be included like HGTV or whatever. The only one I can see that you would half to pay extra for would be StarzHD just like you do for HBO and Showtime.. Also dont get the Bronze Sliver mixed up the only diffrence is SD channels. They just had a rate increase for the HD plans to be on the new HD plans everyone should be able to get any new HD. But of course you half to be on a MPEG4 receiver which means if you are most likely your on the new plans. I can't see them chargeing more for the other 3 HD Channels only StarzHD the other 3 should come with any of the plans. If they do charge then they will have alot of folks leaveing like ChetK. But I dont think they will since folks have just upgraded and are already paying higher rates.. But we will know for sure in June unless Scott here something before then.

Last edited:
Apparently the early word, not yet confirmed by E* to the best of my knowledge, is that the OLN HD feed is only going to be made available to those who subscribe to OLN SD, i.e. the AT180 / HD Gold level.

If this is true, then it may be true for Nat Geo too.

Tahoerob said:
# National Geographic HD is now uplinked to channel 9429 on tp 22 at 129° and 61.5°.
# Starz HD is now uplinked to channel 9435 on tp 10 at 129° and 20 at 61.5°
# Home & Garden TV HD is now uplinked to channel 9461 on tp 22 at 129° and 61.5°

I have Starz and HBO on my Comcast HD account since you get the ON DEMAND crap.

However, having both Comcast and Dish the picture is a world of differance.

It ALWAYS looks better on Comcast. Is DISH EVER going to transmit a decent resolution?

Brian

bkushner said:
I have Starz and HBO on my Comcast HD account since you get the ON DEMAND crap.

However, having both Comcast and Dish the picture is a world of differance.

It ALWAYS looks better on Comcast. Is DISH EVER going to transmit a decent resolution?

Brian

Dish doesn't have StarzHD yet. Whatever common HD channels Dish and Comcast have (HBOHD including), Dish sends them as they are. So what you are comparing.
StarzHD on Comcast and Starz on Dish? Voom HD lite on Dish? - Comcast doesn't have Voom.:confused:

I am totally confused. I see in this thread that Nat. Geo. HD is on 9429. I tune to 9429 and there is nothing there. What is meant by uplinked to 9429?
I have the HD and Voom package. Is NGHD there? Where have I gone wrong?
I have been waiting for this programing. I'm lusting for it!
Thanks

Uplinked means it's getting sent up to the satellite for distribution. Dish has to make the channel available to subscribers for you to view it.

Cheers,

Minsk1 said:
Dish doesn't have StarzHD yet. Whatever common HD channels Dish and Comcast have (HBOHD including), Dish sends them as they are. So what you are comparing.
StarzHD on Comcast and Starz on Dish? Voom HD lite on Dish? - Comcast doesn't have Voom.:confused:

I am talking about locals, HBO, UNI when Dish had it, the HD on DISH looks like crap compared to HD on Comcast. That's all I'm saying. Voom is horrendous which was one of the only reasons I kept Dish.

While the SA 8300HD box isn't a gem, it doesn't have HALF the problems of my 622 pile of garbage. My 921 worked better then my 622. Skipping, synch problems, heat, etc.

bkushner said:
I am talking about locals, HBO, UNI when Dish had it, the HD on DISH looks like crap compared to HD on Comcast. That's all I'm saying. Voom is horrendous which was one of the only reasons I kept Dish.

While the SA 8300HD box isn't a gem, it doesn't have HALF the problems of my 622 pile of garbage. My 921 worked better then my 622. Skipping, synch problems, heat, etc.

Did yoy ever had Voom to make such statements? It is not horrendous. It is very decent. Can be better and I hope will be better. Voom soccer PQ broadcasts beat Espn2 soccer Champions League final in HD.
HBO, Uni HD is in full res on Dish, it just can't be worse than on Comcast.
As for comparing SA 8300HD to 622. How you can compare that garbage 8300 to my perfect 622:D

lrossnm said:
Thank you John. I'll just have to sit and wait for Dish respond to the wants of it's subscribers.

More that anything else, you need to wait until Dish gets everything into production shape. Almost no one is yet offering NG HD. This isn't a Dish hold up on things.

Also, there may be a requirement that you be a subscriber to either HD Gold or HD Platinum to get this channel, and have either a 211, 411, or 622 receiver. We're waiting to hear about the subscription requirements.

Tom Bombadil said:
Apparently the early word, not yet confirmed by E* to the best of my knowledge, is that the OLN HD feed is only going to be made available to those who subscribe to OLN SD, i.e. the AT180 / HD Gold level.

If this is true, then it may be true for Nat Geo too.
Reading this leads me to believe that these channels won't be available to me if I only have the HD-only pack. :mad:

ChetK said:
Reading this leads me to believe that these channels won't be available to me if I only have the HD-only pack. :mad:

It is a well known and stated by Dish fact that all new HD channels will be available only for 622 and 211 receivers.
Good news for you is that they are not removing old HD pack yet. But if they do this, then you will get free receiver upgrade.

I don't think he is talking about the old HD pak and an old MPEG2 receiver. My read is that he has a new 211 or 622 and the standalone HD pack, that Dish charges $30/month, plus another $6/month enabling fee. So he'll be paying $36 a month for HD and still not get Nat Geo.

To get Nat Geo HD, he would have to upgrade all the way to HD Gold, at $70/month.

That is, if Dish decides to do the same thing with Nat Geo HD as they are doing with OLN HD.

Now if he does have only the older MPEG2 HD Pak, then you can't expect to get any new HD channels, including HGTV, Food, Nat Geo, ESPN 2, etc. The only exception to this, for some odd reason, is that OLN / NHL HD appears to be available in MPEG2. Perhaps this is an Olympic-type exception, with the older receivers only getting this channel for the NHL playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)