Starz HD HGTV HD NATGEO HD Uplinked!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FunkeeC said:
You must be the only one who doesnt notice the horrible pixilating/blocking that occurs watching basketball on TNT HD. There have been a number of threads disscussing this very topic. Makes it hard for me to watch on my 51 inch. ESPN HD on the other hand is very nice.

Yep.. only TNTHD has this problem.

Yes, I have noticed the blocking on close focus action shots. This is bad. I thought that might be from TNT's cameras.

I will admit that I usually surf the net or read while having the NBA playoffs on. So I'm not paying real strict attention. The full and half-court shots are very clear.

If the blocking isn't present from Comcast and thus is a Dish induced artifact, then I agree with your earlier statement.

Hmm there should have not been any cookies... Anyway I just changed it and put their main web page on there. I just typed in HD on their main site it to get the program guide... Did it prompt you for cookies or something??

Last edited:
Hmm ok well I block all cookies unless I just half to use them.. Yeah make sense now you can do the same with IE..

Last edited:
Tom Bombadil said:
Yes, I have noticed the blocking on close focus action shots. This is bad. I thought that might be from TNT's cameras.

I will admit that I usually surf the net or read while having the NBA playoffs on. So I'm not paying real strict attention. The full and half-court shots are very clear.

If the blocking isn't present from Comcast and thus is a Dish induced artifact, then I agree with your earlier statement.

Well I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that when he said better quality that he was referring to the blocking. I agree when minimal/no movement is happening, the picture quality is quite nice on dish network HD. Problem is basketball rarely isn't moving.

The close-ups look great. But when you look at the court from the side camera, take a look at the lines on the court and outter edge of the players. They're surrounded by compression artifacts. It's like the floor has moving dirt around those lines.

Also, get rid of the cable cam. !sadroll

Getting backt to the subject of this POST. Any news or rumors on when DISH will be airing StarzHD NGHD and the rest of the new HD channels?

alexgmny said:
Getting backt to the subject of this POST. Any news or rumors on when DISH will be airing StarzHD NGHD and the rest of the new HD channels?
Thank you!!!! Please gents let's stick to the topic....:up

I did look at the NGHD site and see that they do simulcast with the analogue. Doesn't sound good if you don't sub to the gold or higher. I can only hope that Charlie will be kind and give us the HD for subing for the HD package...but I would not want to bet my first born on it.

I'm not so sure. What if NGC gets more $$$ for the HD channel, than the SD channel. Lets face it, you're paying more per ch for the HD metal pack than for the AT180 only channels. Its not as if NGC-HD is a free add-on.

All HD subscribers are paying $20 additional from the equivalent AT package, right? Since we are all paying the same for the channels we should all get all of the channels. I think NGHD will be available to all metal package subscribers.

Yeah I agree!! We are all paying more that is the ones that just got on the new plans with the MPEG4 Receivers. With all the court issues they have been haveing here of late its not a good thing to ask folks to give out more money when they already have.. The only channel I could see where you would half to pay more would be StarzHD just like you do with HBOHD and ShowtimeHD.. But who knows maybe we will know more on June 1st or whenever the Summit Show starts. Unless Scott gets some info ahead of time that he can share with us. :)

Alright, I've made the arguments that I think it should be made available to all HD subs.

But I'll go public with my prediction that Dish will .....................................................
.................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................
.................................................. only give Nat Geo HD to those with AT180 & HD.

Sad thing is that you will probally be right.. Which will cost most folk $5-10 bucks more a month. :(

Tom Bombadil said:
Alright, I've made the arguments that I think it should be made available to all HD subs.

But I'll go public with my prediction that Dish will .....................................................
.................................................................................................................................
.................................................. only give Nat Geo HD to those with AT180 & HD.

Dish is greedier than that..I'll say.....only to HD-Gold and up....

NightRyder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)