Starz Hd killed my 211

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
I was watching Mr 3000 on starz hd around 1 hour into the movie the picture froze and the audio kept on playing and i couldnt get anything from the 211 hit menu power guide and got nothing. So i did a reboot from the front panel its been downloading the guide for 15 minutes its going up very slow i am almost about to reboot again i missed my movie and im missing WEC fighting on hdnet this blows. I cant get my guide to stop downloading is this normal i hit cancel and it doesnt but still keeps going up very slightly on the progress bar i still need it to download local guide info too....:mad: Edit it has been 25 minutes since reboot guide seemed to be stuck so i rebooted again this is bull crap i pay $130 a month for what again? Cant we get out of our contracts because of this crap they dont include when signing up for these new hd packs? How can they not afford a new satellite they are filty rich.

Last edited:
problems with mine to

my 211 freez's up all the time.Its very annoying.Also when i watch a channle for a couple of hours then you use the guide it always says guide need to update and that happens between 2 to 5 times a day.

Why don't you guys try unplugging your receivers for a couple of minutes then plug them back in. I've had my 211 since April and it has worked great.

Well I was trying to find a 211 thread to post in about my woes with my 211, so this one is good as any.

First I was having problems on an old 4900 (also had an 811), Dish scheduled a tech to come out. He did, determine it was a bad 4900. So dish sent me a new one. It arrived, but still was having the problem. Again called Dish to report the problem, and while during the course of the normal check your connections (like I'm a blooming idiot) I decided to upgrade the 811 to the 211 and told the Dish tech to upgrade me when the install tech came out to see what the 4900 problem was.

A few days later the tech comes out. He changes out the LMB on the first Dish 500 that got me 110 and 119. He then installed another Dish 500 to get the 129 and tied it into the first Dish 500. Signal strength was 97 on 129 and on 110 and 119 the high 110+ strength.

After everything was hook up. Still the receivers were running thru the transponder numbers.

Tech decides then that it was line problems, so all new cable was installed.

Problem solved, except due to having an older TV with just an antenna input. I'm unable to use the 811 currently. We're looking at new 26-32" televisions for the bedroom.

Now all of this took place about 10 days ago. About the 4th day I got a signal lock (picture) on the 211. Did a hard reboot, nothing, unplug the receiver for 30 seconds. Problem solved. Last night more problems, lost audio, and picture on all satellites. Again I did a hard reboot, nothing, unplug the receiver, problem then solved....till this afternoon just before the launch of STS-121, which I really wanted too see in HD and 5.1.

I tried the hard boot, even pulled the plug. It would acquire signal, download scheduled...then I would have audio and picture for 30 seconds and back here we go again. Five times, I went through this.

I finally called Dish. After 30 minutes we were able to get sound and picture after doing a check switch. Problems seem to be resolved. Notice I said "seem" to be resolved.

I had too due some other work in another room and was listening to the TV and I was out of the room for about 15 minutes.

What do my eyes greet me with when I return to the room with the big screen ....no picture, but sound? Couldn’t even get to the menu, nothing.

Called Dish again as the previous tech said too immediately if the problem again occurred today or in the next couple of days.

This Dish tech wanted me to use the component/composite cables as this was a temporary fix that they were instructing all 211 owners to use till the "software" fix was implemented. I said, well I can try it after I get off the phone with her but from my reading on the boards. It is a hardware issue.

She wanted me to get info from the TV screen so she could document the case...I had too tell her several times that I was unable too. The screen was black. Well then, that's a different problem we need to send you a new receiver and RA the old one she says......but due to them not yet receiving my old 4900's. The screen wasn’t allowing her to due the request.

She had too go, according to her, too another pc to get the request process. I'm to have the new receiver in two days. I was informed that I still may have the problem with HDMI cable as it is a known issue. At which point I said, it maybe software issue too, but it is more a hardware issue.

...and too think I never had a bit of a problem with my 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)