Starz HD PQ is awful

Compared to Blu Ray any movie on either DISH ,DIRECTV or even cable will NOT look as good. I thought you were comparing STarz on DISH, to other premium hd channels like Hbo or SHowtime on DIRECTV. All sat companies compress their hd signal . But I will say again, that the HD signal on DISH is acceptable and I don't see any problems in the pq if you sit back far enough at a normal viewing distance , your tv picture controls are calibrated or set properly. I have ENchanted in Blu-Ray, but my tv only does 1080i but I really can't tell the difference. If you can tell the difference between Enchanted movie on Blu-Ray compared to DISH and you aren't actually watching them on two tvs at the same time under comparable settings and conditions you really have a discerning eye . But then again if you are watching Enchanted in 1080p on Blu ray and the same movie in only 1080i over DISH , then I guess you would see a difference. Then again it could just be more of that Blu ray hype- you have to justify spending so much money for the latest dvd player so it has to be better pq.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts