Starz Promotion

peid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 22, 2003
South Dakota
Got a call from Dish Network last night and the CSR said they are offering Starz movie package for a discounted price of 7.00 per month as compared to the regular price of 11.99 per month. There is no commitment and you can cancel without downgrade charges after 1 month if you wish.

I proceeded to ask here (knowingly) how many channels in the Starz Package were available in HD, similar to HBO & Showtime? Her answer was 70% of the movies Starz show are in HD. I asked her to confirm that and if it was true I would sign up in a second. She put me on hold and came back and said, "Sir, it was not 70% as I told you but rather 80%." I laughed and said unless something changed today at Dish Network, you don't offer any programming in HD for Starz. I asked for them to call me back when they know what they are talking about.

Anybody else get a similar call about Starz?

peid said:
Got a call from Dish Network last night and the CSR said they are offering Starz movie package for a discounted price of 7.00 per month as compared to the regular price of 11.99 per month. There is no commitment and you can cancel without downgrade charges after 1 month if you wish.

I proceeded to ask here (knowingly) how many channels in the Starz Package were available in HD, similar to HBO & Showtime? Her answer was 70% of the movies Starz show are in HD. I asked her to confirm that and if it was true I would sign up in a second. She put me on hold and came back and said, "Sir, it was not 70% as I told you but rather 80%." I laughed and said unless something changed today at Dish Network, you don't offer any programming in HD for Starz. I asked for them to call me back when they know what they are talking about.

Anybody else get a similar call about Starz?

Out of curiosity, do you have any other premium movie packages? The reason I ask is that if you have a premium or two already their are already discounts available.

Chris Freeland said:
Out of curiosity, do you have any other premium movie packages? The reason I ask is that if you have a premium or two already their are already discounts available.

Yes I have both HBO & Showtime, Basically for the HD versions and Boxing.

Pretty much but remember, they said 80% of Starz was in HD.

I think I need to spend less time on the internet so when somebody wants to sell me something, they sound intelligent. Everywhere I pretty much go, I know more than the salesperson, whether it is car shopping, dish shopping etc.

peid said:
Yes I have both HBO & Showtime, Basically for the HD versions and Boxing.

Yes, as I suspect this is the same regular discount that you would get anyway with your combination. Not only was the StarzHD a joke (at least for now ;) ), but that was no special discount either :D .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)