Starz - Spartacus:Blood and Sand - Anyone else looking forward to this?

Too bad next week is the season finale. I wonder how long until the next season.

The only problem is that they progressed the story too fast. I would like to have seen them stretch out the current arc longer. If it follows history he and Crixus will lead a slave rebellion next season. I really like Batiatus and all his scheming, it would have been more fun for another season. But, then again maybe the fast pace kept it interesting.

Too bad next week is the season finale. I wonder how long until the next season.

The only problem is that they progressed the story too fast. I would like to have seen them stretch out the current arc longer. If it follows history he and Crixus will lead a slave rebellion next season. I really like Batiatus and all his scheming, it would have been more fun for another season. But, then again maybe the fast pace kept it interesting.

I agree to an extent. I think you are right on in your last statement in that the fast pace kept us interested. And this season finale will likely leave us begging for more. I think they may do a "Rome" and end it after just two seasons. They may get lucky and get a third season but I just do not see how.

I certainly would love to see it go a bit longer, to see batiatus rise in station only to be put down by the coming slave revolt.

I was trying to avoid that spoiler, even though it was "history" and not technically a "spoiler", but I thought it would be good to keep suspense for those who were unaware.

I did wonder how they were going to explain why Crixus, who despises Spartacus and honors being a gladiator, would decide to revolt, and in the most recent episode, we certainly see why he could change his viewpoint...

Yea I mean in the Rome thread Im glad no one said Ceasar gets knifed by the senators ;)

And im glad no one said the Ship sinks, before i went to see Titanic..

Some movies/series/books you already know the ending, the fun part is the ride to it.

The fact that a outsider turned slave is remembered 2100 or so years later shows that he did a lot more than the series has gone through so far. Don't worry if you do not know the history, there are plenty of possible surprises they can pull and still stay in the guide lines of what is known.

They took a brief part of his life and made a whole season out of it. I doubt that any of the schemings portrayed in the first season really happened. The broad strokes of his life is known, what is in the series is not known.

They took a brief part of his life and made a whole season out of it. I doubt that any of the schemings portrayed in the first season really happened. The broad strokes of his life is known, what is in the series is not known.

The schemings are not historical, but the broad outline is all from historical accounts:

- Thracian who was in the Roman Army and deserted
- His prophetess wife was enslaved along with him
- Ended up as a gladiator for Batiatus
- Crixus, a Gaul, was a co-leader of the revolt

so they are keeping to the historical record, while filling in the gaps with fictional details, as is standard procedure for a historical drama.

By the way, although approved and funded by Starz, season two is now in doubt due to:

This Just In: 'Spartacus' delayed as star Andy Whitfield undergoes cancer treatment | Ausiello | EW.com

Wow I hope he heals quick. I am really worried though about this next season.. I really loved the whole schemeing done in this season. I dont see much room left in the next season. I do hope we get to see some nice EPIC size battles. Without all the flashy fake blood effects.

Wow I hope he heals quick. I am really worried though about this next season.. I really loved the whole schemeing done in this season. I dont see much room left in the next season. I do hope we get to see some nice EPIC size battles. Without all the flashy fake blood effects.

It depends on what point of view they shoot the series from. I am sure there could be a lot of scheming going on in Rome. History says there were several attempts by Rome to put down the slave uprising. I am sure there can be plenty of political intrigue as various parties work to stop the slave rebellion.

It depends on what point of view they shoot the series from. I am sure there could be a lot of scheming going on in Rome. History says there were several attempts by Rome to put down the slave uprising. I am sure there can be plenty of political intrigue as various parties work to stop the slave rebellion.

True specially Pompeii stealing the Triumph from Casisus. (sp)

Well our favorite gladiator Ludus owners are coming back to life in a prequel.

Starz Orders Up a

The story will center on John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, the husband (Batiatus) and wife (Lucretia) team that ran the Ludus, the gladiator training camp where Spartacus trained and became a star of the arena. Both were killed in the first-season finale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts