Starz - Spartacus:Blood and Sand - Anyone else looking forward to this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Various News:

- Six-episode Prequel without the Spartacus character airs January.

- Andy Whitfield's cancer responded to treatment, but then recurred, causing him to ask Starz to recast the role, so that a Season Two could be made (presumably so that friends and colleagues could continue working).

- Wentworth Miller (star of Prison Break, ironically enough) has applied for the part.

- No official word from Starz on casting or status of Second Season.

- Detailed articles about all of the above can be found at:

Spartacus | Exclusive TV News and Scoop | The Ausiello Files | EW.com

- Wentworth Miller visually compared to Andy Whitfield:

Wentworth-Miller-Andy-Whitfield_240.jpg

FYI -

Dish Network just turned on Starz for free for the next year - good news for Spartacus fans !

Spartacus prequel series started recently on Starz - first episode re-airs tonight at 10pm ET, but only in SD (but good enough to just catch up with what is going on). Second episode re-airs tomorrow night in HD at 10pm ET. New episodes are on Friday at 10pm ET (episode 3 this Friday), and the usual numerous repeats, 3 hours later on West-HD, etc.

This is mainly a heads up for those who liked the original Season One that aired this past summer. Since the actor who played Spartacus has cancer, instead of having a Season Two, they filmed a "Season Zero" of events before Season One, thus no need for the Spartacus character...

PS A couple of weeks ago, Australian actor Liam McIntyre was cast to play Spartacus in Season Two, see:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...over-in-season-2-of-blood-and-sand/?src=twrhp
http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/liam_mcintyre_5488751224/

Last edited:
i loved the first season and love the prequel and cant wit for the next season to start and my prayers are with andys recovery and hopes he comes back to play spartacus and best of luck to the new guy playing spartacus:) usually the guy they get to recast sucks :)

I just finished watching Gods of the Arena and it was very good IMO. I wished they could have extended it a few more episodes. I can't wait for the return of B&S...to bad we have to wait an entire year.

I just finished watching Gods of the Arena and it was very good IMO. I wished they could have extended it a few more episodes. I can't wait for the return of B&S...to bad we have to wait an entire year.

i loved the show since the beginning and figures it will return after the free year of starz is over with on dish:D please charlie give us another year of starz free :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)