Starz Torchwood- A Miracle Day

MikeD-C05 said:
We use different slang in this country then they do. What the hell is a fortnight? The last time I heard that was in High School reading Shakespear.
One fortnight is two weeks. One of the computer systems we use has some less-critical System Parameters that are specified in microFortnights (if you do the math, it works out to a little over one second.)

One fortnight is two weeks. One of the computer systems we use has some less-critical System Parameters that are specified in microFortnights (if you do the math, it works out to a little over one second.)

Thanks for the definition. But why not just say Two weeks instead? That is what I mean about slang or jargon causing me to have problems understanding the English shows.

IMO, another Flat-liner last night. 30 skip button got used a lot. Several teases, no follow through. The only interesting thing was at the end.

Oh, I dunno... Rex almost got penned to...cat 1? Obviously had to be extremely painful anyway. Esther should've kicked the guy in the head before going through his pockets for the keys. Why the guy in China took a dive of a building is a good mystery that needs answering. Jack's conversation with the PhiCorps exec in the restaurant was somewhat interesting. Rex will need a new contact to get pain killers now that Vera's gone. The last scene certainly did ratchet things up though, I agree...

During the Restaurant scene with the Black guy , I kept feeling the urge to sing that old Ray Parker Jr. Song : "Who You going to Call? Ghost Busters!!"

As far as Rex's character, I don't really like him that much. He was kind of cold just filming his ex Wife's Death while she was burnt alive. And Esther is a big cry baby just about in ever scene. She used to do the same thing when she was playing Babe on All My Children. Her eyes are always red looking from all the tears. Gwen was hard as hell to understand as always. Jack is nothing but a teenage boy with raging hormones and that terrible 1940's army jacket. He hits on just about every boy /guy he comes across: "How about a threesome ? ME , you and the jacket." I hope the show changes soon in its' direction or this show will become a big old downer . The show doesn't have the good feeling that the BBC show had. It is slow and plodding and it reminds me of a bad soap opera.

Vera wasn't ever married to Rex...they just had a one-nighter. Esther needs to "man-up", I agree. She's not a field agent though, so her lack of toughness can be explained that way. This week, it was Reese that I couldn't understand, but got 80% (or more) of what Gwen said. I tire quickly of Jack due to his "raging hormones syndrome" he suffers from. When he's actually working, he's interesting, beyond that, not so much. I think we have to remember that is a "new" Torchwood series, and so they're spending a lot of time setting up the characters and story. Hopefully the plot will speed up soon...

Jack was a little bit more like this when he first appeared on Doctor Who and was still a normal human, before Rose brought him back to life with the time vortex energy from the heart of the Tardis, thus making him immortal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, funny, I agree...and quite a bit of truth in the analysis too...

I think they hit on the head. Too many episodes and not enough story to fill them. This is why we feel that the story is so slow and plodding. I don't think I will care if this show gets canned after this year. I won't be subbing to Starz at $13.00 a month next year to see more of this story if there is one.

I was enjoying Camelot...plenty of story, good acting, interesting characters. I was hoping Torchwood would be equally as good a series, and it started off (first 2-3 episodes) with a bang, and now it's acting like they're just playing out the string and hoping to get a second season (not looking too promising at this point).

When's Camelot returning? ;)

You need to go watch the first 3 seasons. This is actually the 4th season of torchwood.

I doubt it goes to 5 seasons as it ratings are the same as Camelot and Camelot got axed. The only thing going right now is the new agreement Starz and BBC signed to co develop series.

Over half way through, and I think it's a complete mess. Anybody notice how the whole Bill Pullman character just disappeared? It's like the writers had their REVELATION and knew his arc wasn't working, so lets try this. Each episode seems like they were stalling till they figured out how to end it.

Last edited:
You need to go watch the first 3 seasons. This is actually the 4th season of torchwood.

I doubt it goes to 5 seasons as it ratings are the same as Camelot and Camelot got axed. The only thing going right now is the new agreement Starz and BBC signed to co develop series.

Camelot got axed??? That sucks...I was looking forward to see what Morgan was going to attempt next...

I thought each Torchwood "season" was like more like a mini-series than a season.

So ... the ending was a nice little twist too ...

I thought Jack was the only one with the "special computer" that could do that.

So ... either someone has another "special computer" ... or ... there is a mole in Torchwood.

Edit:

I am getting sick and tired of Gwen and the "dad" and "kid" thing too ... move off of that story already.

2012 Primetime Emmy Nominations

Eureka thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts