Starz Torchwood- A Miracle Day

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
I personally thought this episode was kind of boring. They definitely are being smart with their budget ... one main set for the whole episode ... the airplane.

As far as the "twisted" sceen at the end ... to me ... it was classic Torchwood/Doctor Who corniness (if that is a word).

This was definitely more plot building ... but very little at that ... okay ... we have a spinning triangle.

Edit:

A good chiropractor should be able to straighten/adjust things out ;)

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Is it me or did it seem that Mekhi Phifer has turned into the star of the show. All the action is centered on him.
Not that I mind, he's a good actor and the show's been great so far, but it does seem like Jack's been turned into an afterthought.

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
Is it me or did it seem that Mekhi Phifer has turned into the star of the show. All the action is centered on him.
Not that I mind, he's a good actor and the show's been great so far, but it does seem like Jack's been turned into an afterthought.

Well, considering the show is US based now ... STARZ may have wanted to throw a better known US actor to attract viewers.

Personally, I have not been impressed with his character thus far.

I did get a little chuckle how their "get a way" vehicle was a Mini :) They still try to throw a UK reference in here and there.

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
MA
I'm enjoying it so far, few things here and there (I also agree about the ending with the twisted neck could be cut), but overall I like it. Like other's mentioned WHY... WHY Wayne Knight... ;)

I did like the twist about the aging and other health issues (i.e. super bugs), definitely didn't see that coming.

-Mike

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
One thing Jack made reference to also as that because he has been "immortal", he won't have an immune system. He is from the future - no? I would think he would have received any and all immunizations required for the time. Also, his body would have had to go through any normal cold and flu prior to him getting stuck in time. So ... he shouldn't be that bad off. Unless of course in the future ... no one gets sick.

I agree ... the super bugs is a nice twist ... I also like the twist of people get hurt ... but they keep on living ... WITH their pain. Hence the need for pain medicines. People I don't think are really healing ... they just keep on living from what I gather. Imagine living life having to live the rest of your life with the pain of every injury. Sounds more like hell ...

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Which begs the question: what alien race hates humanity so much that it would inflict this much sadistic pain to every human on Earth?

Or, is the P.R./Pharmacy Rep "Lady in Red" a key player trying to stir things up by influencing some key figures?

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Well it's an easy way to kill off the human race. Let them live for awhile, germs go crazy, then immediately stop "the miracle". The super bugs would wipe out a sizable population in no time, and the invaders come in and wipe out the remaining people with not much effort.

-Mike

Derwin0

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
One thing Jack made reference to also as that because he has been "immortal", he won't have an immune system. He is from the future - no? I would think he would have received any and all immunizations required for the time. Also, his body would have had to go through any normal cold and flu prior to him getting stuck in time. So ... he shouldn't be that bad off. Unless of course in the future ... no one gets sick.
Could be lack of exposure to earth bugs, since he's only pre-immortal stopover in Earth was his time in WWII when he was going after the nano-healing device.

Derwin0

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Funny how Jack called himself an American (the coke line has hilarious), considering he's been in the UK as part of Torchwood for a hundred or so years. As far as I know, Jack's never been in the US. Other than impersonating an American officer in WWII during the blitz, he really has no American connection (other than the accent which John Barrowman picked up by being raised in the US, not to mention being a dual citizen).

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I like Jack Barrowman. He is a good actor and he and Gwen have good chemistry together. Of course in the original BBC series Jack had chemistry with anyone from either sex. He really got around in his many "life times".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts