Starz Torchwood- A Miracle Day

Aside from Ester and her sister, which really slowed the pace of the story, I thought it was pretty good. Still haven't quite figured out why Gwen got deported, other than De Lancie's character is a general jerk (have to rewatch that part). Liked the "cone of silence" effect of the alien technology... ;)

I thought Nana Visitor made too quick an exit...

Esther is a BIG pain in the A**! And even more frequent flyer miles for Gwen. She and Rhyss can take one heck of a vacation after the show is over.

Aside from Ester and her sister, which really slowed the pace of the story, I thought it was pretty good. Still haven't quite figured out why Gwen got deported, other than De Lancie's character is a general jerk (have to rewatch that part). Liked the "cone of silence" effect of the alien technology... ;)

I thought Nana Visitor made too quick an exit...

I have to wonder a bit if the "deportation" had to get written into the story because the actor behind the character could only "work" in the US for so long due to real world visa restrictions. Just a thought.

Or ... they could simply be trying to keep roots in the original Torchwood and its UK roots so as to not lose loyalty from Torchwood fans.

I will say ... that thus far the UK bases stories have been kind of lame.

It looks like the story is heading to the other side of the pond (UK) ... so here's to hoping the story gets better.

I have to wonder a bit if the "deportation" had to get written into the story because the actor behind the character could only "work" in the US for so long due to real world visa restrictions. Just a thought.
My guess is that it was used as an excuse to have Gwen over in the UK, where more action is about to take place.

Yeh, I concur that they are trying to bring it back to its' roots, at least geographically. Works for me. I also have a "feeling" we may see something of what's left of the HUB, like a secret vault only Jack knew about. I know, wishful thinking.

Probably as mentioned above for UK action...

But, my other thought (besides that it is pretty easy to get a performing arts visa), is that how much of this was actually shot in the US? Probably just a few outside shots the rest is probably stock footage.

Ok, now that I've seen the Blessing, still no clue WHAT it is... felt like old-school TW but hope they don't do an odd flash back to "Remember that time, and that place, when Jack pissed off an alien in a story arc you've never seen?" ;)

I think the writers for Torchwood had a good laugh during the frying pan scene in "Tangled".
[youtube]k9g4V2XgmUU[/youtube]

So FINALLY the story is starting to come together! Talk about dragging out the plot!

So FINALLY the story is starting to come together! Talk about dragging out the plot!

It is? Still miles to link The Blessing with the Miracle. Oswald is just loose wallpaper. The Families still a big question mark. Again, lots of filler, little coherent plot thickening, IMO.

Ok, we have a big cavern that goes from China to Argentina, and Jack's blood seems to be attracted to it? No lava in it either, or so it would appear. They don't need a medical consultant on-staff, they need a geologist on-staff. So, Gwen's dad is off to the ovens? For reals? Loved Gwen taking the pan to Oswald. A few more face strikes would've been great!

I agree. Oswald is just loose wallpaper (at least at this point). The Families are an unknown. The CIA mole needs to be oven'd after interrogation. They're playing out the plot very slowly, and I agree again, with lots of filler...

One of the things (besides the slow story with seemingly disconnected filler) that bugs me is sort of a RTD thing... he loves to write stories about humanity and how dark he think's it really is (as well as being gay must apparently mean wild flirting and gratuitous sex? :rolleyes:) Children of Earth was another good (maybe darker?) example of this, I enjoyed it, but enjoyed more how people were realizing how wrong things were and trying to change it as the world's gov'ts got out of hand. However you really think people would resort to burning living people and being okay with it? I can't see the entire world just sitting by twiddling their thumbs and letting it all happen again. I enjoy Doctor Who and often find it a bit too sugary at times, but would love a bit more in the middle between "Everything goes great" and "The world is full of sick lazy people". Not sure why, but I would have thought more of a "resistance" would have been a tad more visible then just TW alone trying to stop things.

Ok, off my soap box. :)

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)