State Tax Reimbursement Charges

Albiondon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Cranesville,Pa. 16410
This was on my July bill
http://www.mydish.com/support/taxes-charges
Subscribers who live in certain states have a state-specific tax reimbursement charge listed on their bills as part of their monthly charges. These charges are allocated uniformly, are shown as a fixed monthly amount and are subject to change. These charges are as follows (italicized text reflects how this item appears on your bill):
  • Connecticut (CT Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 5.0% tax on its gross earnings in Connecticut. The charge is currently $3.89 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $4.12 per month.
  • Delaware (DE Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 2.125% tax on its gross receipts in Delaware. The charge is currently $1.50 per month.
  • Kentucky (KY Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a utility gross receipts tax of 3.0% on gross receipts from the sale or lease of equipment and non-programming services. The charge is currently $1.30 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $1.50 per month.
  • Ohio (OH Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 0.26% tax on its gross earnings in Ohio. The charge is currently $.20 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $.22 per month.
  • Texas (State Cost Recovery Fee): DISH is subject to a 1% franchise tax for conducting business in Texas. The charge is currently $.62 per month.

This was on my July bill
http://www.mydish.com/support/taxes-charges
Subscribers who live in certain states have a state-specific tax reimbursement charge listed on their bills as part of their monthly charges. These charges are allocated uniformly, are shown as a fixed monthly amount and are subject to change. These charges are as follows (italicized text reflects how this item appears on your bill):
  • Connecticut (CT Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 5.0% tax on its gross earnings in Connecticut. The charge is currently $3.89 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $4.12 per month.
  • Delaware (DE Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 2.125% tax on its gross receipts in Delaware. The charge is currently $1.50 per month.
  • Kentucky (KY Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a utility gross receipts tax of 3.0% on gross receipts from the sale or lease of equipment and non-programming services. The charge is currently $1.30 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $1.50 per month.
  • Ohio (OH Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs): DISH is subject to a 0.26% tax on its gross earnings in Ohio. The charge is currently $.20 per month. Effective July 1, 2014, this will change to $.22 per month.
  • Texas (State Cost Recovery Fee): DISH is subject to a 1% franchise tax for conducting business in Texas. The charge is currently $.62 per month.

While there wasn't really a question in the post, I have seen this happen the last few years. Several states have decided to make Dish pay more in other unusual taxes and fees (for good or bad, I'm sure each side could be argued). Dish has determined they will pass the taxes and fees on to the consumer, and I believe many if not most other television providers do something similar, either with a specific line item or absorbed into the billing.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent those of my employer.

As mentioned, no real question, but I will add the amount changes because the gross earnings change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)