Welcome Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
Can someone tell me if the Welcome Pack $19.99 per month is only available to new customers?
And can you add HBO to it? Can you still get local channels?

As most people, we are cutting costs...

We currently pay:

America's Top 200 $69.99
DVR Service $10.00
Protection Plan $7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) $0.00

Monthly Charges $86.99

We would like to switch to the Welcome pack, add HBO when Boardwalk Empire comes back, return the DVR and nix the protection plan. Since we mostly watch our shows through ROKU, we only need HBOGO.

Thanks!

Mark

You can switch to the Welcome Pack and get HBO but you will not get HD programming other than your local channels and the HBO channels I believe.

If you are getting rid of the DVR you will need to down grade your equipment and may have to pay for the tech visit to have it done.

I would just keep the DVR, drop the Protection, drop to Welcome pack and add HBO when needed.
Nothing in Welcome pack is in HD, like Scherrman said if that matters to you. You will still get locals in HD though.

I currently have the Welcome Pack.

Besides the locals and movie premium channels, AXS TV (channel 167) is in HD and also any free preview channels (assuming those channels actually have HD versions).

Can someone tell me if the Welcome Pack $19.99 per month is only available to new customers?
And can you add HBO to it? Can you still get local channels?

As most people, we are cutting costs...

We currently pay:

America's Top 200 $69.99
DVR Service $10.00
Protection Plan $7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) $0.00

Monthly Charges $86.99

We would like to switch to the Welcome pack, add HBO when Boardwalk Empire comes back, return the DVR and nix the protection plan. Since we mostly watch our shows through ROKU, we only need HBOGO.

Thanks!

Mark
What do you have for equipment? Seeing you show the HD for life you must have a 622/722 or 722K because the DVR fee is too cheap for a Hopper. Seeing you want to return the DVR I would hope you have a 211 receiver but have questions seeing you don't have an additional receiver fee listed. If you have the 211 for a one time $40 fee you can make it a DVR with the addition of a Hard Drive and no monthly DVR fee.
Local channels are included in the Welcome Pack and you can add any a la carte packages unless the package has a minimum programming requirement ie. sport pack.

What do you have for equipment? Seeing you show the HD for life you must have a 622/722 or 722K because the DVR fee is too cheap for a Hopper. Seeing you want to return the DVR I would hope you have a 211 receiver but have questions seeing you don't have an additional receiver fee listed. If you have the 211 for a one time $40 fee you can make it a DVR with the addition of a Hard Drive and no monthly DVR fee.
Local channels are included in the Welcome Pack and you can add any a la carte packages unless the package has a minimum programming requirement ie. sport pack.

I'm guessing he has a Hopper and is getting the grandfathered price of $10 for the DVR.

The WP channels are not in HD but locals (if in HD), any add ons (HBO, Cinemax, etc) and freeview channels ARE in HD

The charge was initially because the reciever was more advanced. The software needed more work, and honestly was a cost effective way to recoup some cost. This is what they taught us in training, and verified on our internal forum. Mind you, I am a former employee, do not be mislead, I no longer work for the company

And now ALL Hoppers will have the same monthly fee, Sling or not. So, I will most likely be upgrading to HWS when my credits end.

Except now it is $12.00 for the hopper or the "dvr fee". I don't know why they don't just say each hopper on your account is $12.00 and drop the dvr fee. After all a second hopper is $12.00 and the first hopper has the $12.00 dvr fee. It would be less confusing and would minimize the extra fee charges on your bill. Just have $12.00 out to the side of each hopper on your bill .

Reactions: TheKrell
Except now it is $12.00 for the hopper or the "dvr fee". I don't know why they don't just say each hopper on your account is $12.00 and drop the dvr fee. After all a second hopper is $12.00 and the first hopper has the $12.00 dvr fee. It would be less confusing and would minimize the extra fee charges on your bill. Just have $12.00 out to the side of each hopper on your bill .

That is what the newest bills say. They no longer label it as a DVR fee (whole home or otherwise), it will show as Hopper on the bill, and be $12. Just like the second Hopper will show exactly the same, and also be $12.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

The DVR fee has been hidden for a while now, probably to avoid upping the amount for those with grandfathering credits. Making it a Hopper fee is just formalizing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)