Statement from Dish Network on VOOM Takedown

I want my Voom HD back too!

We all know your a voom hater.

Im really tired of seeing you try to bait us.

Just do all all a favor and go to another thread.

SEE YA!!!

Yes, ill say it a hundred times!!!! I miss GReat 24hr all HD programming. Sorry your not up to the level!

dish networks never marketed Voom HD at all and they even charged a premium ontop of their HD premium! That is the reason why others were not aware of Voom HD if they had they would have been loyal customers like I was. Now that they dropped Voom HD I will cancel by the end of June if no more Voom HD. I think it is great for people to complain and complain as weak people let idiots like dish walk all over them and still give them their hard earned dollars; now that is just plain dumb to me.

So far in my area Directv provides all the DVR, the same channels plus more HD and also a number of more SD channels at a 40% discount so that is my liklely replacement for my low quality dish. I will not capitalize their name as they do not have quality of service to warrant that. :mad:

Many contracts are negotiable Dish is not you either get it or get another non negotiable one with DTV, that said how would feel if Dish suddenly dropped 50% of the stations you like. Which they can do as per the contract. I was with them 1 week when they dropped Voom.
Ever read the contracts on the software you buy? Most likely you are now liable for prosecution on some of all of it if they so choose. Just because you HAVE to accept at their contract doesn't mean its enforceable or right. Its a one way contract giving us the consumer NO rights at all. The cell phone contracts are under investigation right now for the same practices.

dish networks never marketed Voom HD at all and they even charged a premium ontop of their HD premium! That is the reason why others were not aware of Voom HD if they had they would have been loyal customers like I was. Now that they dropped Voom HD I will cancel by the end of June if no more Voom HD. I think it is great for people to complain and complain as weak people let idiots like dish walk all over them and still give them their hard earned dollars; now that is just plain dumb to me.

So far in my area Directv provides all the DVR, the same channels plus more HD and also a number of more SD channels at a 40% discount so that is my liklely replacement for my low quality dish. I will not capitalize their name as they do not have quality of service to warrant that. :mad:
Perfect! That is how the marketplace works.

I asked you to quantify that days ago and you did not. Not one person who has "shopped" has come anywhere near your conclusion...if any less expensive at all. You are a Dish Malcontent and should be regarded as so.

Many contracts are negotiable Dish is not you either get it or get another non negotiable one with DTV, that said how would feel if Dish suddenly dropped 50% of the stations you like. Which they can do as per the contract. I was with them 1 week when they dropped Voom.
Ever read the contracts on the software you buy? Most likely you are now liable for prosecution on some of all of it if they so choose. Just because you HAVE to accept at their contract doesn't mean its enforceable or right. Its a one way contract giving us the consumer NO rights at all. The cell phone contracts are under investigation right now for the same practices.
I don't undersatnd your point.
Dish marketed HD services. Not in any part of the deal, does the company guarantee certain services. Just HD services. Just as with the Lifetime dispute, the Viacom dispute and the Turner dispute, Dish did not allow anyone to exit their contract free and clear . The reason is they DO NOT guarantee specific services.
I am waiting to see if there is enough groundswell of protest to fight these one way contracts.
I am thinking not. Dish allows the customer to use their equipment with little or no up front money. That is Dish's end of the agreement. The company delivers and installs the equipment and the user takes advantage of that use. Dish demands in return, the customer remain a user for a certain time period. Pretty simple.
I hope this al gets blown up in court. If prospective customers know they will not be held to a contract even under extenuating circumstances, more people will likely chose Dish as their satelllite provider. And that would result in more work for me.

I asked you to quantify that days ago and you did not. Not one person who has "shopped" has come anywhere near your conclusion...if any less expensive at all. You are a Dish Malcontent and should be regarded as so.

???

Here is what I found. I currently pay $127 a month for dish everything channels with HD & Voom HD and the fancy HD DVR. I have one TV a 7' front projection home theatre. They must be getting a lot more dish users as they raised the first three months from 56 to 79 but it is still a 30% savings. I just called Directv before posting this post. Here is what they said on 6/3/08 at 2:19 pm California time

"Directv said their comparable to their Premier package that has all the same channels, such HBO, showtime, Stars, cinemax, all the local fox sports, food network, all the ESPN, NFL network, BBC, all my local channels, which total 265 + channels not including the locals for a standard price of $104.00, their HD package has 95 HD channels and is $9.99. Total for both is $114.98 standard pricing. They will discount this for the first three months to $78.99 then the remaining months of the first year package to $91.98. That is a 30% reduction for the entire first year and a 10% there after"

Yes they charge $99 to purchase the HD DVR as they have a $100 discount right now but still I save $460 bucks the first year and $144 each year after and they have better customer servivce! :up

Less than 10% of the Dish subs subscribe to HD which means that 90+% of the Dish subs couldn't care less that Voom disappeared, and my guess is that for you to have the nerve to call them weak, idiots, and dumb, as well as calling the people here that as well. For a lot of us, the end of June can't come soon enough.

My situation was this, I was a subscriber to Voom when they first came out. I had it about 6 months when they went belly up and sold out to dish. I still have the receiver which works for OTA. When they went out neither dish or DTV had but 2-3 HD stations. When dish added Voom that's about all they had, so I waited a couple of years until either dish or DTV had a decent amount of HD before I went for a pizza pan system, I had C-band and they picture on most stations was about as good as what Dish calls HD on most stations.
Anyway I moved this year and left my C-Band dish, about 3 weeks ago I saw that Dish was offering the HD only package and it had most of what I wanted the soft channels, like HGTV, TLC, Discovery, including Voom. I get all the networks n HD OTA. I called to verify that they were going to add Scifi which they didn't have yet listed and that Voom was included for the price. So based on that I became a new subscriber.
Had they told me they were going to dump Voom I would not have subscribed. So I had less that 2 weeks before they dumped about 20% of what I was paying for and suscribed to and I cant get out of the 2 year contract. Changing out a couple of stations is one thing dumping 20% is another.

I understand decisions have to be made and all, I am just one of the people that was part of Voom when it was a service. I guess I just feel like something I have been used to for that past few years has been taken from me. I am hoping that Rainbow will use the channels in a different capacity.

I understand decisions have to be made and all, I am just one of the people that was part of Voom when it was a service. I guess I just feel like something I have been used to for that past few years has been taken from me. I am hoping that Rainbow will use the channels in a different capacity.

Bring back Voom DBS! :D

???

Here is what I found. I currently pay $127 a month for dish everything channels with HD & Voom HD and the fancy HD DVR. I have one TV a 7' front projection home theatre. They must be getting a lot more dish users as they raised the first three months from 56 to 79 but it is still a 30% savings. I just called Directv before posting this post. Here is what they said on 6/3/08 at 2:19 pm California time

"Directv said their comparable to their Premier package that has all the same channels, such HBO, showtime, Stars, cinemax, all the local fox sports, food network, all the ESPN, NFL network, BBC, all my local channels, which total 265 + channels not including the locals for a standard price of $104.00, their HD package has 95 HD channels and is $9.99. Total for both is $114.98 standard pricing. They will discount this for the first three months to $78.99 then the remaining months of the first year package to $91.98. That is a 30% reduction for the entire first year and a 10% there after"

Yes they charge $99 to purchase the HD DVR as they have a $100 discount right now but still I save $460 bucks the first year and $144 each year after and they have better customer servivce! :up

I read on another post that starting next month Direc DVRs will not require an upfront fee. Just be forewarned, the Direc DVR is not that good.

I read on another post that starting next month Direc DVRs will not require an upfront fee. Just be forewarned, the Direc DVR is not that good.

DirecTV DRVs are getting better.

Current DVRs allow for software updates, transfer of media to computers and Iphones/Ipods, FREE VOD BETA, remote recording via cell or computer.

Current DirecTV DVRs are always changing, just like the 622s and 722s.

Also, DirecTV has a "do not sue" clause with TiVo AND bought Replay TV (patents and offices).

DirecTV has positioned themselves very well in the DVR arena.

DISH is simply threatening, strong arming, and getting sued. Not respectful business policies at all.

So expect new DirecTV DVRs soon and YES they are giving away their HD DVR Plus with no upfront costs (no longer costs anything to switch to D*)

Just to be clear, VOOM DBS went out of business just over three years ago. You wanted Dish to tell you back then that they'd "never" drop the VOOM channels ?

When I signed up for the Dish HD package 3 weeks ago Voom was advertised and I was told that it indeed was in the HD only package. I though I made that clear.

'"Had they told me they were going to dump Voom I would not have subscribed.
So I had less that 2 weeks before they dumped about 20% of what I was paying for and subscribed to and I cant get out of the 2 year contract."

Dish still have Voom listed on some advertisements and they will still say leader in HD when they were for only a few hours then they went back.

When I signed up for the Dish HD package 3 weeks ago Voom was advertised and I was told that it indeed was in the HD only package. I though I made that clear.

'"Had they told me they were going to dump Voom I would not have subscribed.
So I had less that 2 weeks before they dumped about 20% of what I was paying for and subscribed to and I cant get out of the 2 year contract."

You may be able to get out of it if it's within your first 30 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)