Statement from Dish Network on VOOM Takedown

C'mom guys it ain't gonna happen..
I agree...the DBS market is too competitive to support another DBS provider, again! To be honest, with AT&T U-verse and Verison FiOS (FiOS TV should exceed 2M subscribers this year) ramping up operations, along with the Cable triple play, I see DBS marketshare reaching peaking this year. While VOOM may or may not have a huge payday in court at some unknown distant time in the future, they need to get busy schocking their wares or shuttle the VOOM service since it is losing money. As Morgan Freeman once said in the movie Shawshank Redemption, "Get busy living, or get busy dying..."

If people want VOOM they should:

1. Tell VOOM to make it available to other providers a la carte, in smaller chunks, or perhaps leverage Rainbow Media channels such as AMC, IFC and WE in the hope of bundling (not the Amish "bundling") some VOOM channels at a deep discount. Just like with AMC/IFC/WE VOOM will need to focus on making their channels widely available at a reasonable rate (HD is no longer a premium these days).

2. Call your local provider and tell them you want VOOM...or Monsters, World Sport, Equator, etc. Verizon pulled a DirecTV the other day and said they are basically going to offer boucoup HD later this year. Perhaps VOOM can offer them the entire 15-channel lineup for a $1 per subscriber. Perhaps VOOM can see some advertising time. Yep, I am not a fan of commercials either...but they gotta do something to stay in business or fold. Some examples: instead of running all those VOOM promo ads between shows (such as Rush, World Sport, HD News, or Rave), just run a few commercials; likewise, run a few on the Cinema channles...but only between movies; finally, GamePlay was an awesome channels...just add fresh content and game makers should be willing to advertise on that channel; heck, why not enter into agreements with console makers (like Sony and Microsoft) and give them an opportunity help produce shows that feature their products. The U.S. video gaming market is huge...and growing, and GamePlay is a unique product in the industry.

3. Stop petitioning E* in the hope Charlie will grow a conscience and the VOOM channels will magically reappear. That "ain't gonna happen." Quit your E* service and sign up with D*, Cable, FiOS or U-verse.

Nope .Not happening...
Would you want to business with someone who is suing you?

I am not sure I understand that. if they were a DBS provider no one would be doing business with someone suing them. But VOOM tried it on their own and thy had what 48k subs. not enough to make a go of it. So that seems unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)