Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this statment from Dish Network regarding the outtage that has taken A&E HD, History Channel HD and NFL HD offline.

There was a fire at Ascent Media Group which is the cause of the outages for NFL HD, A&E HD and THC HD. We still don't know when we'll be up and running with these channels again.

History HD ran Star Wars Legacy and Ice Road truckers in SD the last times that I tried to watch them. Booooo!

There could be a lot of fires at HD Networks and Direct TV customers wouldn't be the wiser.

A&E HD and The History Channel HD are distributed on Galaxy 14 Transponder 23. Currently there is no signal on that transponder. NFL HD is distributed on Galaxy 13 Transponder 21. Currently there is no signal on that transponder either. It appears that these channels are not being uplinked at this time.

A&E HD and The History Channel HD are distributed on Galaxy 14 Transponder 23. Currently there is no signal on that transponder. NFL HD is distributed on Galaxy 13 Transponder 21. Currently there is no signal on that transponder either. It appears that these channels are not being uplinked at this time.

The man with the answer I was looking for! I figured as much since the TP's and muxes looked healthy on DishNetwork's side.

I wonder if the fire wiped out their inventory of programming. If so this could be very bad.

In this day and age? I would hope not. Given that their lifesblood is their content I would think they'd have everything backed up and the backups backed up.

Lets hope they had a good disaster recovery plan in effect...

I wonder if the fire wiped out their inventory of programming. If so this could be very bad.

I am always one to preach offsite backups for computer data. I hope these people have offsite backups of their programming. I am sure they do. It would be crazy to think they don't have offsite backups.

Well considering the NFL Network has all their stuff stored at NFL films in NJ and I do not think this effected their programming. I think this is strictly an uplink issue. Which by the way, way to have a backup.:rolleyes:

Most disaster recovery plans require getting online within 48 hours... many federal agencies have the same deal. I wouldn't get on them until after that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)