Statement on TimeTrax Forum Status

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mjbcarlson said:
I"ve always wanted to play Sherlock Holmes, so lets deduce the scenario from the facts.

<snip>
1)

Evidence: Our reg codes still work. In fact, now I can run the software on multiple machines. This makes me think that the code writers must have put a statement that says, if you can't find the server, or were out of busienss, disable the verification procedure. I expect any day that either our software will shut off, or the MPA will be be knocking on our doors.

The validation servers are still running at their original IP location. This is documented in a couple other threads.

So, is everyone's software still working? Mine stopped working the day Timetrax's web site went down for "maintenance." My error message talks about hardware problems, but I can't fix it and i thought the timing was suspicious. If others can confirm that their software is still working properly, I'll go ahead and keep troubleshooting.

My other problem is that I'm considering a reinstall but I have a bad habit of deleting install files after I've downloaded and installed, figuring I can always go back to the manufacturer's site to get it again. That's obviously not going to work here. Anyone know of another download location?

webwig said:
So, is everyone's software still working?

Anyone know of another download location?

Mine is still working so far.

I did a google search for Recast 1.8, and it was on the first page (majorgeeks.com).

Mine still works...

I disabled the auto-update just in case! But if the authentication servers are still running, there's a chance they can send something down to disable it anyway.

I love the software, but shutting them down doesn't prevent recording. The output from any Sirius or XM radio can be directed to the line in of a computer or CD recorder. All it does is take away the graphic interface for tuning, timers and 'grab lists.'

timetrax still phones home

I've never been able to use this on my parent's machine (who I bought it for) - they have dialup, and this stupid thing dialing in every 10 minutes is ridiculuous -

Why does it need to phone home continuously? what gives?
This has never been right - but now that the fine folks at timetrax have abandoned their customers.....

So - I took it back home -

I recently put register.timetraxtech.com and register1.timetraxtech.com in my hosts file, loop back address of 127.0.0.1

Unfortunately, this trick doesn't work - nor does using an application based firewall to block its phoning home works - timetrax has decided that I've lost my internet connection, and a "I'm gonna shut down in 15 seconds if you don't get this fixed" message pops up continuously.

Thus, when these servers go down, there goes our software operation - unless of course, the folks formerly at timetraxtech make this right.

Then again, we've got the hardware, and the radio itself provides enough information for us to record our talk-radio shows, or whatever- Perhaps some kid in Norway will write a new application that will replace timetrax?

Face it folks, we've been had by timetrax, as well as by the evil RIAA and MPAA -
Somehow they remind me of the tax-people - they provide less and less, and want more an more. :mad:

Best Regards -

Note:
You've always been able to install it on more than one machine - but you've only been able to use the radio that it was registered with - on whichever computer you've most recently hooked the thing up to -

What happens when the Validation servers are gone? If TT is out of business how long will they remain? Someone has to pay for them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts