Static through RCA TV with new DVR...HLP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dukesman

Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
New here...first time poster.

Need help with a problem...just got new DVR box installed this week...played fine for a few days then last night the sound coming through the television is nothing but static...unplugged DVR box and tried it in another room where we have a 2nd Directv receiver...so its not the box or wires...plugged back in to the trouble TV...plays fine at first thent he static starts again...I think it has something to do with the antenna receiver plug on the back of my TV...can these go bad (the plug where the coax cable goes.) The TV works fine, I still get picture, just static instead of regular sound after a while. Is my TV going bad...or am I missing something.

Also, if this is any help, I've tried running my basic Directv setup that's worked for a year (TV to VCR, VCR to receiver with main cable from the dish coming into the receiver...static sound continues...also tried running the TV directly tot he Directv DVR receiver, again only static sound.)

Can anyone provide any assistance? THANKS!

Try using composite (yellow, red, white) cables. You'll have to put your tv on video or input mode. If you tv doesn't have composite inputs, then you might want to think about upgrading to a newer model tv. Also, try putting your other dtv rec. on the trouble tv to see if it's still static.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

living in canada

Directv new customer deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)