staying logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Hey, I love the new look. My only problem is that after the upgrade, I can't stay logged in. Just trying to post this message I had to login in again. If I close this window and come back to the website, it doesn't remember me like it used to.

Other than that all is well.

I have to log in sometimes and not others. If I clear my cookies then it is okay. Weird.

Chip

Well I tried killing all the satelliteguys cookies and still can not get logged in without entering everything each time.
I feel like you guys got lessions on upgrades from Dish techs. Do I wait for next upgrade for a fix?

my FireFox seems fine

I maintained login for days... no, weeks at a time.
When I reboot and bring FireFox back up I don't have to log in again (old forum)
When I first tried to post on the new forum, I logged in once and FireFox has apparently remembered that just fine ever since.
In any discussion of how your browser works, ya really need to specify which browser you are using.

Actually, I have FireFox bring up 8 forums when it starts, half of which are vBulletin, and several of which are this very same version 3.5.1
None have any troubles at all.

I am also having trouble staying logged in. I clear my cookies and I am okay,
but then SOMETIMES I have to clear them again. I also use Foxfire. Does
that have anything to do with it?

Chip

Okay, how many times do I have to delete both my www.satelliteguys.us and satelliteguys.us cookies in order to be logged in when I visit the main page ?? I've done this for the past 2-3 days in a row. As I posted before in another thread, I login , I get the "wait while you're re-directed...." page, then back on the main page I am NOT logged in again ! I can click the forums link and guess what ? I'm logged in.... Arghhh !

Hall -

You might review the security settings of your browser.
And as well, just which browser/OS you are using.

I'm running FireFox 1.0.7, and not 1.5 beta, here.

I've visited (3) times since posting the above. After I posted that, I *again* deleted all satelliteguys cookies and yet I'm still not logged in when I visit the home page. I can click "forums" though and I'm logged in !

I'm using Firefox 1.5, which is not beta..... I'm 100% confident this is not a browser or security setting or OS issue. I don't have this problem at any other website that I frequent (and am "remembered" at).

Odd thing is, after I go to the home page - not logged in - then to the forums - logged in - when I go back to the home page ... yeap, I'm logged in.

Why is this thread in the "server software upgrade" forum anyway ?? Someone thinks it's related.... or not ??

I'm sure you tried this, but I did not see it mentioned so, did you try clearing your cache? (satelliteguys have appropriate headers to prevent this, but maybe the browser isn't honouring them, or you have it set to Always cache).

Last edited:
hall said:
Why is this thread in the "server software upgrade" forum anyway ?? Someone thinks it's related.... or not ??
Because they updated the forum software last... weekend.
....breaking lots of things.

But, vBulletin 3.5.1 is well worth it, and when things settle down, you'll love it.

Last edited:
HAA I see - Thing will be fixed in the next (bata?) update. Thank you Charlie oops sorry I meant Satelliteguys.

No, no, don't rag on 'em too bad.
The VideoReDo forum (video editing software support) converted over to vBulletin 3.5.1 last week.
They moved from their previous phpBB forum software.
Changed servers, too.
Took 'em a few days to work out the transfer, but they seem to have things under control now.

SatelliteGuys went for the ultimate conversion, with lots of options, instead of a simple upgrade.
I'm suspecting that's the cause of some of their difficulties.
Many of the icons you see are not the default.
Someone went to a lot of trouble to select and load alternate ones.

Scott et al,
After re-entering my passwords, I can stay logged on with only one of my three computers I usually use to view SatGuys.
I have two Macs all same OS and same Safari browser versions with same settings. One Palm PDA. Desktop, my primary machine, logs in as always but since the switch the iBook and PDA always need to re-enter the password. Annoying.
Before I never logged out from a session but surfed at anytime from any machine I happened to have without any problems.
:confused:
Also spell check doesn't work. I always get an error message now.

socalpanman: have you killed the safari cache?

It worked wonders on my MacMini with tiger (10.4.3).

I am still having trouble staying logged in. If I use Firefox I have to re-enter
my password, but with IE, I don't have to!:confused:

Chip

raoul5788 said:
I am still having trouble staying logged in. If I use Firefox I have to re-enter
my password, but with IE, I don't have to!:confused:
Chip

Okay, I think I have the problem solved! The new upgrade for Firefox
to 1.5 is the problem. I went back to the default theme and presto!
everything seems to be okay. If you did the Firefox update and lost
your scroll bar, then you will get them back, too. :D

Chip

LER said:
socalpanman: have you killed the safari cache?
It worked wonders on my MacMini with tiger (10.4.3).
Both my Macs are identical. Same OS10.4.3 and same safari version.
Cache cleaed regurlarly. Tried my PDA agian this afternoon and same problem.
It all coincides with the new SatGuy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.