staying logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
raoul5788 said:
Okay, I think I have the problem solved! The new upgrade for Firefox to 1.5 is the problem. I went back to the default theme and presto!
everything seems to be okay. If you did the Firefox update and lost
your scroll bar, then you will get them back, too. :D
Chip

OK I was already using the official (non-beta) v 1.5 and the board was working fine, then AFTER the board upgrade I can't stay logged in so it points more to how the new board interacts with Firefox.

Are you saying change the Firefox theme back to default or change the board theme? AND why/how does that effect the login cookies?

charper1 said:
OK I was already using the official (non-beta) v 1.5 and the board was working fine, then AFTER the board upgrade I can't stay logged in so it points more to how the new board interacts with Firefox.

Are you saying change the Firefox theme back to default or change the board theme? AND why/how does that effect the login cookies?

Change the Firefox theme back to default. I don't know why, but it works.
BTW, did you lose your scroll bar when you updated to 1.5? If so, you will get it back.

Chip

Nope, I have had no issues with the Firefox upgrade. Like I said, I had already up'd my Firefox BEFORE SatGuys changed and it worked perfect. Only AFTER the SatGuys upgrade did the Firefox issue arise. I will try the theme work-around, but I hope we can get it resolved because they default is not the best theme.

Well that didn't work.

I know NONE of my security, cache, cookie, or ANY other settings were changed. The ONLY thing that is different is the board upgrade. So back to the drawing/idea board.

charper1 said:
Well that didn't work.

I know NONE of my security, cache, cookie, or ANY other settings were changed. The ONLY thing that is different is the board upgrade. So back to the drawing/idea board.

I THINK I upgraded my Firefox after the board upgrade, but I'm not sure.

Chip

If you use any FF extensions, reclear your cookies and caches, restart FF in safe mode (via Start->Mozilla Firefox->Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)), that should run FF without anything extra, if it fixes it, it is one of your extensions or themes, if it STILL does it in Safe Mode, well...then you post here again I suppose.

Nope, did all that;
logged in to SatGuys
browsed around SatGuys with no issues
browsed to ESPN and then my bank and back to SatGuys
had to log in to SatGuys again.

This is the only site that I use that won't remain logged in and it only started post-SatGuys update.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Nope, did all that;
logged in to SatGuys
browsed around SatGuys with no issues
browsed to ESPN and then my bank and back to SatGuys
had to log in to SatGuys again.
This is the only site that I use that won't remain logged in and it only started post-SatGuys update.
Sounds just like the issues I am having. I deleted all cookies (which makes me rebuild the entire list for all other sites!!!!!!!), and that did not fix it. I use MSN Explorer (part of an MSN Premium package).

WORKS - except the main page

I am running Firefox 1.5 (and Portable Firefox 1.5) and am having a weird password problem with both versions (and multiple computers with the portable version). From the main page (satelliteguys.us) I get all the ads and login screen. I used to automatically login when loading this page.

For some time, I kept trying all the "delete all satellite guys cookies and re-enter username/password and check the box" tips. With no luck at all.

Finally, in frustration, I clicked Forums - and lo' there everything is (as it should be)!

So, the question is, why do I not autologin to the main page but do so on the forum pages?

On a related note, after deleting the cookies I no longer have the satelliteguys.us password info showing in my Firefox Password cache. Weird. <-- EDIT: Actually, that is what should be expected. What I meant is that after delteting and RE-ENTERING my login info (to get the behavior described above) I do not see the usuall password infor for SatelliteGuys in my password cache.

Cheers,
Red

Last edited:
My home computer has FF 1.5 and works great. I haven't logged in but once since the upgrade. My work computer has FF 1.5 and it is having the same problems that Hall is having. I am not logged in on the home page but I am logged in on the forums page. The problem is I have had that problem with FF since the version before 1.5. IE works great. Clearing cookies and cache have had no effect on it. Very weird problem.

I just logged onto SatelliteGuys for the first time with a brand new computer last weekend. Checked the remember login box. Tonight I had to log in again. It didn't remember me and there isn't any internet history with this new computer, so it is a Site problem. I'll try it again tomorrow.

RedSavina said:
I am running Firefox 1.5 (and Portable Firefox 1.5) and am having a weird password problem with both versions (and multiple computers with the portable version). From the main page (satelliteguys.us) I get all the ads and login screen. I used to automatically login when loading this page.

For some time, I kept trying all the "delete all satellite guys cookies and re-enter username/password and check the box" tips. With no luck at all.

Finally, in frustration, I clicked Forums - and lo' there everything is (as it should be)!

So, the question is, why do I not autologin to the main page but do so on the forum pages?

On a related note, after deleting the cookies I no longer have the satelliteguys.us password info showing in my Firefox Password cache. Weird. <-- EDIT: Actually, that is what should be expected. What I meant is that after delteting and RE-ENTERING my login info (to get the behavior described above) I do not see the usuall password infor for SatelliteGuys in my password cache.

Cheers,
Red

Check my post #19 in this forum. It should clear up your problem.

Chip

The new upgrade for Firefox to 1.5 is the problem. I went back to the default theme and presto!
everything seems to be okay.

The Firefox v1.5 upgrade and its theme selection is not the logon issue as discussed in the thread. As stated before: I was ALREADY using the non-beta Firefox v1.5 and it was running 1000% fine until AFTER the SatGuys upgrade.

What you need to do is make sure that you do not have a cookie security/blocking program of some sort turned on that registered the SatGuys cookie(s) as invalid during THEIR upgrade and therefore your program may have auto-blocked cookies from their domain.

Not only do you you need to clear all SatGuys cookies if you have any, but you will need to go into your cookie security/blocker (be it 3rd party, IE, Firefox, etc) and make sure SatGuys was NOT added to the blocked list.

Of the 10 users I have helped, this was the issue. So to who ever said maybe it is security related, was on the right track.

Last edited:
I didn't make any adjustments on my new notebook and I auto-logged-in just fine this time.

Right, if your machine isn't blocking, or didn't block the SatGuys cookie(s), you will be 100% OK like nothing ever happened. The vast majority (99% +) will not have any problems.

RedSavina said:

I have the same problem, but on Safari. The main site page never shows me as logged in, but if I log in on the main page I am logged in when I go to the forums page.

Status
Not open for further replies.