stb boxes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hockey

Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
hi guys i need some info on the new receivers the hughes htm hd and the samsung 360 whitch one of these receivers has the best picture thanks

I am a real novice with HD and D*, but after reading many posts. It is my understanding that the PQ of most D* HD receivers are comparable. I believe the differentiating factor are the options the various receivers offer. But like I said, I am a novice so I may be sorely wrong.

Please correct me if I am making a false statement here.

I had the zenith sat520 and it was the best directv hd receiver I've owned. I originally bought the hughes because it was cheaper. This receiver doesn't compare!

nearly all of D* HD receivers now made are nearly alike. some have minor differences, but they all fallow strict DirecTV code.

This summer they all will be the same, Branded DIRECTV no more RCA,Samsung or Hughes. Thomson Consumer Electronics is becoming the manufacturer. From posts on AVS Forums the Samsung 360 is having problems. My Hughes HTL-HD has been very good except a slight audio problem with Dolby Digital.

ok is the PQ better on the new receivers than it is on the E86 on the SD level

hockey said:
ok is the PQ better on the new receivers than it is on the E86 on the SD level

SD quality maybe more a factor of the TV set and how it is connected than the receiver. If you are currently using an E86 you have the option of SD or HD output it does not do both at the same time. The E-86 will upconvert the SD channels to HD output so you don't have to switch back and forth this might affect your picture quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)