STB locks up on OTA channels

67Yv8t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
All three boxes started out this way. If I flipped through local OTA, the picture would go away. On my main box, it would freeze on that channel, couldn't even turn it off with the remote, on the kids box the audio would comethrough, and you could change channels, but the picture was gone for good.

A soft reboot would bring it back around, It doesn't happen as much on the main (haven't spent the time to test it) but it is a 100% lockup on the kids TV.

On main it seemed to happen if I flipped through too quick or landed on a .2 .3 .4 channel with no programming.

But on the kids it is every time.

Any sugesstions?

I was installed on the 1st

I didn't check, but since I was installed March First, and I couldn't touch the boxes for an hour for the update, I'm assuming the latest, but I'm not at home to verify.

I have noticed(and seen it mentioned elsewhere) that if you get on a channel with either poor or no signal at all, the STB will freezed if you don't turn it to another channel quickly. You might trying hiding the channles on which this event happnes. I am no expert, just whta i noticed.
Patrick