STB upgrade and access card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Izzy_Asper_Sucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Can I reuse my access card that has been acivated when I upgrade to a new STB. Bought the new STB from EBAY and it was used so the card that came with it is no good. Thanks.

Izzy_Asper_Sucks said:
Can I reuse my access card that has been acivated when I upgrade to a new STB. Bought the new STB from EBAY and it was used so the card that came with it is no good. Thanks.

nope

Yes you can, just call directv and tell them you want to do a receiver swap. They will un-marry the card from your old stb and re-marry the card to your new stb. I have done it many times, all with success.:)

damaged said:
If the card is of a certain type (the old HU football card for example), they _may_ require you buy a new card (20 bucks).

Actually they will force you to purchase a new card if it is a HU or below. Those cards will not work with their current encryption system.

If you push them you will still pay the $20 up front and as long as you activate that new card within 14 days, they will usually credit that $20 back to your bill. They have done that for me anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)