STBs frozen this morning

MichaelG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
A weird thing.....this morning both of my STBs were frozen. The remotes would not turn them on, even though I could see the comm light flash on the unit.

I had to reboot both units and everything seemed to be working. I didn't wait for the guides to download, I had to get to work.

I did check the units to see if possibly the download to 7.34 had occurred but both were still on 7.33 and not targeted.

I was just installed on 1/12/05 so don't have much experience with this. Is this common? strange to have both STBs do this.

With These Receiver?

MichaelG said:
A weird thing.....this morning both of my STBs were frozen. The remotes would not turn them on, even though I could see the comm light flash on the unit.

I had to reboot both units and everything seemed to be working. I didn't wait for the guides to download, I had to get to work.

I did check the units to see if possibly the download to 7.34 had occurred but both were still on 7.33 and not targeted.

I was just installed on 1/12/05 so don't have much experience with this. Is this common? strange to have both STBs do this.

I have C-band and GI is the man..... many problems with there Stuff? videoChiper. you just have to live with it.

But at the same time?

I just thought it was odd to have both VoOm boxes locked up in the same manner and at the same time. One had been set to turn on to record and the other was off all night.

I use Samsung SIR-TS360's receivers on my D* setup and never had them do that....at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)