Steaming Movies with the BBMP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlb2334

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Sacramento
When i first heard about the BBMP, i was thinking that i would be able to basically stream any movie that would be available in thier stores (if not more). When i look through the available movies, i just see movies that are already available on the movie channels (EPIX, Retro, Indie, etc...). I don't see a huge (100,000) list of movies to choose from.

Is the 100,000 movie list only for mail-in orders?

Netflix allows you vstream almost any movie (minus new releases) for their subscription price. Am i missing something?

Last I checked, there were just over 5000 titles available via the DVR, so the 100,000 obviously includes the titles available via mail.

Yep. I guess I was assuming you could stream their whole library (anything in their stores), but that's not the case. This is just an extension of ideas like HBO GO where you can see the same content that's already on the channels like Epix, Retro, Indie, etc. Not a real big deal. Seemed exciting at first, but not now. Maybe someday it will grow.

Netflix allows you to stream almost any movie out there.

Wow! I just found that my downloaded movies are now in "My Rentals" this is a first for me. I guess someone did something right overnight.
Dan

Wow! I just found that my downloaded movies are now in "My Rentals" this is a first for me. I guess someone did something right overnight.
Are you reporting that these are visible via DishOnline (always been there so far as I can tell as of Oct 1), or via your receiver? If "via your receiver", are these rentals that you made in the past, or rentals you queued up today? If "in the past" then I think there has been a change, since 100% of my rentals disappear overnight and cannot be deleted.

These are movies I downloaded when bmp first started, they do show on dol, but can't be watched or deleted. They just showed up in "All Movies" under "My Rentals". I have not tried to watch or delete any of them yet, but will soon.
Dan

They just showed up in "All Movies" under "My Rentals". I have not tried to watch or delete any of them yet, but will soon.
Are you looking under My Rentals on your receiver. If you are, then what got changed? You presumably have a 722/k, since my 612s have worked correctly since they got L643. What firmware does your 722/k have now?

Yes, on my 722 sw 721, what changed is that the movies never showed up the day after downloading. I am watching one now, looks ok, I deleted one that had expired, the rest of them expired soon.
Dan

Yes, on my 722 sw 721, what changed is that the movies never showed up the day after downloading.
Well well well! I have a 722 on L721 and (as recently as last night) all my rentals were invisible and undeletable. So, some server problem was causing this? (DishOnline was offline last night for upgrades/maintenance.) Or did Dish silently upgrade our firmware without incrementing the version number?

Who knows? I have now deleted 3 movies, one was 1 hour 9 min., got back 38 min on HDD, another was 1hr. 47min, got back 85 min., what does that tell you?
Dan

That tells me "It's working" finally, and also that the streamed movies are MPEG-4. ;)

When i first heard about the BBMP, i was thinking that i would be able to basically stream any movie that would be available in thier stores (if not more). When i look through the available movies, i just see movies that are already available on the movie channels (EPIX, Retro, Indie, etc...). I don't see a huge (100,000) list of movies to choose from.

Is the 100,000 movie list only for mail-in orders?

Netflix allows you vstream almost any movie (minus new releases) for their subscription price. Am i missing something?

Just a correction...Netflix offers approximately 100,000 DVD titles and 20,000 streaming titles (source: Netflix Stands by Its Plan to Separate Its Movie Services, Infuriating Subscribers - WSJ.com)

As I'm sure you will see on any Netflix forum, people are constantly complaining about the lack of quality titles on streaming. I am a Netflix streaming customer (have been for quite a long time) and can assure you I wish your statement was true...but even many of the older titles I'd like to watch are not on streaming.

I just found that my downloaded movies are now in "My Rentals" this is a first for me. I guess someone did something right overnight.
I don't know how you lucked out there. But my 722/L721 still shows none of the rentals that I accumulated over a month or so.

With the streaming, while free to PC or STB, what is the case with my mobile device? Is that included and free as well?

I don't know how you lucked out there. But my 722/L721 still shows none of the rentals that I accumulated over a month or so.
I think DirtyDan got a silent same-numbered firmware update. I still can't see the rentals via the receiver, nor can I delete them anywhere. I can play them via DRA and the Sling Adapter. (DO won't allow it.)

Dan, How did you contact DIRT? I have been communicating with Dish Technical Support almost daily either by phone or chat about this disappearing rentals problem on my vip722 and I am continuously told that the engineers are working on the problem with no solution yet. Please let me know how I can contact them to see if I can also get my problem resolved. Thanks!

I don't see any DIRT member online right now, look for Zachs@Dish Network, or Maryb ,Raymondg, or Mattg, all with dish Network after their names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)