Steelers sign Big Ben to eight-year exension

The real question here is what kind of drive does Ben have left now that he's already won a Super Bowl and secured that long contract at such a young age.

Plus, from what I hear from Steeler-land, the locker room has mixed emotions of ownership not attempting to re-sign Faneca. Another thing is Ben's unanswered request for "taller" receivers. How is shorty, errr Hines Ward taking that comment?

I am very sure that Hines would like a taller rec. around as well.

That "Shorty " you mentioned IS 6' 0" ....
Not tall, but hardly short ...

Jimbo

by the way HDMM if you will put the rest of the story in there, that whole tall wide reciever thing was debunked...Ben said it, but wasnt trying to be a knock on the rest of the team, as I am sure he is like me, He will take Hines ward over anyone. and this is a steelers thread, a team that knows about winning, when the browns figure it out you can talk until then its useless! do me a favor take the plastic wrap off of a cigarette package and set it on the table, then look at it, tell me what you have

Browns Trophy Showcase
:)

by the way HDMM if you will put the rest of the story in there, that whole tall wide reciever thing was debunked...Ben said it, but wasnt trying to be a knock on the rest of the team, as I am sure he is like me, He will take Hines ward over anyone. and this is a steelers thread, a team that knows about winning, when the browns figure it out you can talk until then its useless! do me a favor take the plastic wrap off of a cigarette package and set it on the table, then look at it, tell me what you have

Browns Trophy Showcase

Yeah, cause in Pittsburgh, Football started in 1967 and everything else before then doesn't matter. :confused: Can you imagine excluding everything before then in Baseball?! It's rather frustrating that fans around the league forget about the storied past of Football.

Apparently the Brown's 13 Division Championships, 11 Conference Championships and 8 League Championships never happened to folks up in Yinzer territory.

Yeah, cause in Pittsburgh, Football started in 1967 and everything else before then doesn't matter. :confused: Can you imagine excluding everything before then in Baseball?! It's rather frustrating that fans around the league forget about the storied past of Football.

Apparently the Brown's 13 Division Championships, 11 Conference Championships and 8 League Championships never happened to folks up in Yinzer territory.

which is it, just in Pittsburgh, or is it everywhere? also be Kind I live in Akron, so I use to be a browns fan before they moved, this new team I have no loyalty to them. :)

which is it, just in Pittsburgh, or is it everywhere? also be Kind I live in Akron, so I use to be a browns fan before they moved, this new team I have no loyalty to them. :)

So when the Art Model owned Brown's team moved to Baltimore under no fault of their own, you became a Steelers fan?! Don't punish the team by defecting to Pittsburgh, blame Model or the Politicians at the time. Personally I just don't understand how folks from NE Ohio can root for the enemy :( ....

Easy, they play my style of football, the kind I played in high school, Run First, Hard defense football....I will watch cleveland and root for them, but I feel in love with pittsburgh when the browns were gone, and to be honest I realized this during a 6-10 year for the steelers a couple years back so I wasnt front running....but I will tell you this, My love will always be with the old browns, man that was my team, but this new west coast style play the browns brought back originally turned me off.

So when the Art Model owned Brown's team moved to Baltimore under no fault of their own, you became a Steelers fan?! Don't punish the team by defecting to Pittsburgh, blame Model or the Politicians at the time. Personally I just don't understand how folks from NE Ohio can root for the enemy :( ....

I'm in NorthWest Ohio and root for the STEELERS :):):)

How do you determine who your enemy is ?

I've been a Steelers fan since 1969 or '70, can't remember which.

Jimbo

Madone!

Jimbo and Stuart, come on fellow Ohio-Landers! What gives? Where I come from, it is sacrilegious to root for the Steelers or any rival to our local teams. Excuse me, but I just don't understand rooting for a team outside of state lines. But I regress, to each er' own.........

Browns Trophy Showcase

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!:D

I was born in '67, so anything before that doesn't matter to me. LOL

But seriously, I never said what the Brownies did before the Superbowl era didn't mean anything, they kicked butt back then, along with the packers.

But this is now, it's a what have you done for me lately sport. The Steelers are among the best teams in the NFL during the Superbowl era, and you can't argue with that.

I was born in '67, so anything before that doesn't matter to me. LOL

But seriously, I never said what the Brownies did before the Superbowl era didn't mean anything, they kicked butt back then, along with the packers.

But this is now, it's a what have you done for me lately sport. The Steelers are among the best teams in the NFL during the Superbowl era, and you can't argue with that.

Are currently or were one of the best teams? This is a what have you done for me lately sport after all. Quit living in '74, '75, '78, '79, '95 and '05, errr "the past"! :D

Are currently or were one of the best teams? This is a what have you done for me lately sport after all. Quit living in '74, '75, '78, '79, '95 and '05, errr "the past"! :D

'05 is only three years ago, but if that is still "the Past" for you, well last year they won the division, did the Brownies make the playoffs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)