Stella Act / Distant Networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure how we'd "lose" it, but I'll bet somewhere that I still have the old bills that go back to before the original rules went in! That's the method they used to grandfather many people after the law went into place many years ago.

I got into the old system ("grandfathered") and had my channels consistently from CO ever since. (until this 4DTV changeover made subs unavailable.) I would think, (hope?) that the records of those eligible for distant networks on C-band remain intact for our new provider on W-5 if these channels become availble! In fact, the last time this came up, it didn't cover "C-Band" according to one of my providers! Anyone have anything further on this?

Doesn't make sense to me that the FCC protects local TV stations making distant networks a "no-no" for many, but radio keeps plugging along based on interest in local programming! (against XM/Sirius/internet.) I figure as a radio station operator we should just put out a PRODUCT wanted by our (local) audience, and keep people tuned-in. You'd think TV would have the same mentality. Why should TV stations have this protection anyway?

Wondered if there was something new. Hard to keep up with all the legislation these days. Apologies for the follow-up. Didn't do my homework.

Old?

Old news, Yes. Being researched No! No apologies here that is for sure. It is easy to forget what is being lost. Look at the present fiasco of a situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)