Steps to Change Service from Dishnet to DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

e9stibi

Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
This is my first post. I assume that this question has been discussed before but I did not find an answer with the search function.

I am Dishnet customer and just learned that they discontinued GOL TV which is "mandatory" for me to watch German Soccer. I checked Direct TV and they offer GOL TV with their Sports Pack. With the the NFL ticket offer out for the Premier Package, I am ready to switch and have some questions:

1. Can I downgrade the Premier Package after 4 months and if yes what so I need to pay attention for when I order DTV?

2. What is the best order for a seemless transfer of service?

Again, thanks for your patience if this has been discussed before.

e9stibi

This is my first post. I assume that this question has been discussed before but I did not find an answer with the search function.

I am Dishnet customer and just learned that they discontinued GOL TV which is "mandatory" for me to watch German Soccer. I checked Direct TV and they offer GOL TV with their Sports Pack. With the the NFL ticket offer out for the Premier Package, I am ready to switch and have some questions:

1. Can I downgrade the Premier Package after 4 months and if yes what so I need to pay attention for when I order DTV?

2. What is the best order for a seemless transfer of service?

Again, thanks for your patience if this has been discussed before.

e9stibi
You can downgrade to Plus HD DVR or a lessor package and the sports pack in the 5th month. Keep in mind that if you get the Premier Package and an HD DVR, you will have to add the HD service which is 9.99 extra. Also, to get the NFL Ticket in HD, you have to pay an extra $99.
The only stipulation I am aware of is the one for the HD DVR. "Customers must maintain 24 consecutive months (without interruption) of any DIRECTV base programming package ($29.99/mo. or above)".
Not sure what you are asking about with your second question about seamless.
One thing that can save you $340 is if you are a AAA member. You save an additional $10 for 24 months and can get $100 off a second receiver. Here is a link to that discussion.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-additional-240-off-new-directv-customer.html

Last edited:
You can save $50 via a referral, see here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-referals-get-50-off-new-directv-service.html

You can save a certain amount off a regular package if you do not want the NFL package. I'm not sure if you're interested in NFL or not, but if not that is a better way to go. Last I heard it was $18 off for the first year or so.

Sports pack will be $12/mo, and have GOL.

They will setup an appointment for install, generally a few weeks out. Just wait to cancel Dish until after your install :)

2nd question, pretty seamless when I switched. They used the old Dishnet mast to mount the new dish, used the existing cable runs. When it was working, I just called Dishnet and cancelled. Took the tech less than one hour.

Status
Please reply by conversation.