Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of Apple. Just heard on the news. Most likely health related.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

He is now Chairman of the Board so he will still have a role even though it will be a different one.

He wouldn't have made such a decision if he didn't have serious reasons... :(

I think we all know his health is deteriorating, making this necessary; the real question is what is the impact. After hour trading has Apple down $20/share, but I think that's just knee-jerk; the question is about Apple innovation and approach to issues. The next year will be very interesting, for sure.

Been watching the stock price nose dive to past months lows and flatten out in the wake of this announcement. Good opportunity for any who want to get into this before the stock bounces back to new highs as the company prepares to make that iphone5 announcement official. The timing was good but it doesn't mean Steve's appearances are over. He is still a cult leader and is still with the company as it Chairman of the Board. Would be nice to see both him and Cook take the stage on any next product announcement.

If you own Apple because you think Steve Jobs is a God then you better sell fast. If you own Apple because you believe the company is a good long term investment that will beat the market then buy in on these panic selloffs. Personally, I am a buyer at these prices and a 25% seller when the stock breaks $450.

I'd hope Cook can be more aggressive in acquisitions fore the near future. Put some of that cash to work. It was a weak area that Steve was not good at.

Mike-- the after hour trading was a computerized short selling fall. Notice how it leveled off at the past 5 week's lows. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Time to get your buy orders ready. I'd like to see the stock drop to $280 in a panic sell off tomorrow.

Tim Cook- the new face of Apple CEO:

Attachments

• Tim Cook.jpeg
    Tim Cook.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
What Steve Jobs has done since returning to Apple is amazing. I wish him well and hope to see him continue his involvement with the company. I have every reason to believe that the team he put together to run Apple will continue to innovate and bring us new and better products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)